Have enough parts to build quite a few Clods, and after recently getting an original Bullhead up and running I got the itch to recreate an original version.  My father happened to have an original set of unused decals from 1987 and I had quite a few original "red" parts lying around so put this together.  Still need to paint the body, just need to wait for some warmer weather.  I'll post back when she's finished. 

Only made a few steering modifications and added a Hobbywing ESC, other than that it is completely original using all 1987 parts.  Even used a brand new original chassis that I still had in the bag.  She'll be a runner, but obviously won't be too hard on her as some of the original plastics are a bit brittle.

IMG_6764.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG

IMG_6763.JPG

• Like 6

Oh, I like your style. Great looking Clod Buster and Bullhead (with those wheel inners) AND oh, that wonderful Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road's Bigfoot 4x4x4 poster on the back. Love it!

11 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Oh, I like your style. Great looking Clod Buster and Bullhead (with those wheel inners) AND oh, that wonderful Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road's Bigfoot 4x4x4 poster on the back. Love it!

Yes!  My favorite poster of all time.  Bigfoot trucks looked so good back then.  It was in a magazine that my father had stashed away, must have read through that thing 100 times when I was a kid.

• Like 1

Looks sharp! I have half heartedly been looking for a new original chassis for my original clod, it is the only part not new on mine (apart from the white wheels), and has some scratches where the previous owner used it without the bumper.

4 hours ago, Problemchild said:

What wheels are they - they look fab 

are they 1980s?

JJ

Thanks!  Yes, they are original 1987 Clod wheels.  I repainted them gloss white and added planetary caps & hardware.  I do this to a lot of my Clod wheels, I think it makes them look much more realistic.

Sure - https://www.prolineracing.com/performance-parts/black-planetary-gear-covers.asp   You have to custom fit them to the Clod wheel by drilling 2 holes through the wheel and the hub adapter and install using M2 hardware.   For the simulated lug nuts I just made a template to drill 10 M3 holes in the stock Clod wheel and then finish with M3x6 screws and nuts.