Sign in to follow this  
Gazzalene

HW 1080 problem

I have just fitted a new HW1080 and have a problem.

The throttle works and goes the correct direction BUT when I do the calibration using the set and power button, in neutral position a press of the set button works as listed on the manual BUT doing forward and reverse max travel a press on the set button does not give the required led flashs

Any help/views please?

1 hour ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Isn't it auto?

Is that the twin motor brushed ESC?

its the crawler esc

Sorted it. Although the manual is very detailed its wrong in my case. It  says to set neutral, full throttle then full reverse in that order. you get 1beep/flash,2 beep/flash and 3 beep/flash respectively. you get no beeps/flashs for forward and reverse.

To get it to calibrate its neutral,REVERSE and FORWARD and it calibrated? weird

46 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

Sorted it. Although the manual is very detailed its wrong in my case. It  says to set neutral, full throttle then full reverse in that order. you get 1beep/flash,2 beep/flash and 3 beep/flash respectively. you get no beeps/flashs for forward and reverse.

To get it to calibrate its neutral,REVERSE and FORWARD and it calibrated? weird

That suggests that your transmitter channel is the opposite way around to what the ESC expects. One of the consequences of there being no consensus between manufacturers as to which signal corresponds with which direction. Quite a few Tamiya ESCs are like this too. They only calibrate properly if the throttle channel is reversed. 

I'd reverse the throttle channel and recalibrate as per the manual. You may need to swap your motor wires too. 

That's odd, I probably have upwards of 15 1080s in use and have never had to program one as far as throttle position.  There isnt even a set button that I'm aware of.  Just connect power to the 1080, bind your rx and go.  All programming is done with the included pogram card.

If this is the case and it must be programmed I must be extremely lucky, every single one I've used worked perfectly as soon as power was applied.  Either way glad you got it sorted out.

Just looked in the manual and wouldn't you know it, you can program it!  Not that I doubted you, I just always hooked them up and went without a problem.  Went through the sequence on a few trucks and no change, but nice to know the feature is there in case I ever have a problem.  Odd that it didnt work for you right out of the box, I've never heard of anyone having a problem.   

Anyway, thanks for the info.  You relly do learn something new everyday!