Sign in to follow this  
ACCEL

Denatured Alcohol not sold here

Well tooth paste next, ban toilet paper, dandruff punishable by death and for pete sake just quit breathing!

WOW! just found out that my big brother Cali. has pulled Denatured Alcohol from shelves, let see uses (please feel free to add some) Glass Cleaner, Camping Stoves, nice degreaser, great for removing Sharpie pen marks i don't know what else? maybe on the rocks?:lol: so like i'm down to a quarter gallon left in my shed, about year's supply it's lasted me, plenty of lacquer thinner,paint thinner, mineral spirits, corrision x, wd40 list is almost endless, so far still can purchase these, for how long?  well i go the other day to Home Pimple that's where i heard the tragic news, i'll go to Ace just to see, they said at first they had it under the guise of glass cleaner not anymore. Slowes is where i found out you can not purchase the almighty Jasco (REAL) paint remover, just great!, only citrus flavors are available, look i get it, with all the plastics and chemicals (i was born to die, i accept that, i didn't invent these items i just use them and the products i use work and if they do not i'm not using them.

Well maybe, just maybe we can nail 2"x4s" without a hammer. who knows? (and don't say air nailer)oh that realeases CO2 also (dang i've lost) next will be air compressors dirty under ware, crying because your wasting water. i know two billion, three hundred million, eight hundred eighty five thousand pages of this is every where, and i could add another one:D

Can i please still be able to flick a Booger!

Thank you from the deepest depth of my farts i mean heart

Whew! that you'll need a license for also and some other fees just in case there is not enough to go around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is it just denatured alcohol that is banned or others too? Can you still get Isopropyl and celluse / acetone based thinners? Not sure about using them as a substitute for camping stove fuel though (I use parafin in mine even though it makes the food or cup of tea taste like parafin)

Thought it might have been a California Prop 65 issue (substances that cause cancer), but it turns out to be a rule from CARB (California Air Resources Board).  Might be time to make a trip into Nevada and pick some up...  ;)

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Is it just denatured alcohol that is banned or others too? Can you still get Isopropyl and celluse / acetone based thinners? Not sure about using them as a substitute for camping stove fuel though (I use parafin in mine even though it makes the food or cup of tea taste like parafin)

Yes you still can get the Isopropyl. who knows for how long, then it'll peroxide, then your mothers milk and so  on and so forth. if it works, if it works really well and it does its job really well than no Cali.forbids it sells here. if i wasn't  born and raised here in a town that became a fairly large city and it's still a good place call Kankerd i mean Concord, to live i'd be gone,i dig my home looks like a cabin, i love my neighbors, five  generations in this town, it's home, but these wacks have made it way to difficult to deal with. oh lets not mention the cars that'll drive them selves, oh that's wise:o

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

Thought it might have been a California Prop 65 issue (substances that cause cancer), but it turns out to be a rule from CARB (California Air Resources Board).  Might be time to make a trip into Nevada and pick some up...  ;)

I’m in Nevada these days, I can help! ;)  A while back a client asked me to buy a floor sealant in Nevada and ship it to him in CA because CA has banned it! 

I’m surprised they didn’t start with all the other solvents first that are available at Home Depot.. eg Laquer Thinner, Acetone, ... Denatured Alcohol First doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 1:58 AM, ACCEL said:

Yes you still can get the Isopropyl. who knows for how long, then it'll peroxide, then your mothers milk and so  on and so forth. if it works, if it works really well and it does its job really well than no Cali.forbids it sells here. if i wasn't  born and raised here in a town that became a fairly large city and it's still a good place call Kankerd i mean Concord, to live i'd be gone,i dig my home looks like a cabin, i love my neighbors, five  generations in this town, it's home, but these wacks have made it way to difficult to deal with. oh lets not mention the cars that'll drive them selves, oh that's wise:o

Btw.. you make know this already.. denatured alcohol and tamiya’s plastic don’t like each other.. I used to drop my gear diff casing jar and let it sit.. when I went to reassemble it had swollen in some parts.. so a friend told me to use Isopropyl.

• Thanks 1

Now today, i'm strolling along at Home Depot,thinkn' to myself  "i need aluminized tape", i go down the duct aisle, "Hmm! not here", well thinking facetiously "ill bet they banned that also".

"excuse me" i ask a Homer (home depot employee) "where's your aluminized duct wrap tape? he replies "we do not carry it anymore, i say " you've got to be kidding?"

and then told him about the denatured alcohol incident, and we laughed.

WARNING: to all concerned californians be prepared to wipe A$$ with hand, brush teeth with sand, breath only when spoken to and please for all time sake do not blink or you'll find that something happened when it probably should not have.

• Haha 3