macmeniac

Tamiya brushed motors questions

Hi

1) Does anyone know a good page where the different brushed motors can be compared? Further I don't know the different purpose of the motors.

2) Is Tamiya replacing the black Sport-Tuned motor 53068 with the silver one now (see pictures)?

Thanks

TAM-53068.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

6 minutes ago, macmeniac said:

Hi

1) Does anyone know a good page where the different brushed motors can be compared? Further I don't know the different purpose of the motors.

2) Is Tamiya replacing the black Sport-Tuned motor 53068 with the silver one now (see pictures)?

Thanks

TAM-53068.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

seems Tamiya had change the appearances of their motors. silver cans look like this now.

82260289_835058840255828_6973180709896716288_o.jpg

• Like 1

Do we have a Topic with a guide to brushed Motors?

I would like to get a bit information when to change the brushes, gow long they will hold up, where you can get brushes, information about what brushes will fit my motors (e.g. the dynatech motor of my Top Force) AND if there are soft brushes that will help the Communicator to stay fit and if they would give more more power.

The only brushes that fit the 01R and 02H dyna tech motors are the specific brushes for each of them. That’s the issue running them- the cost of new old stock brushes is very high when you do find them.

how long they hold up is variable- depends how much you run them and load, conditions, heat etc.you will see them get reduced in size, but when should you change them vs need to vs losing performance is different on casual running vs racing.

many other vintage or even new brushes motors used a similar format of brush and really cheap so you could just swap them out.