ernieks

A lot of new vintage Tamiya parts available

Hello everbody.

Just a hint where to get a wide range of vintage Tamiya parts, for example Porsche 58001, Porsche 959, Celica Gr.B, Striker and a lot of other hard to find stuff.

https://www.hobbyshopmodellismo.com/shop/modellismo-dinamico/ricambi-tamiya.html

I ordered from them and it was a smooth transaction, good parts, well packed and delivered fast.

Write them an eMail with what you want from their shop and where you want it to be delivered, and they reply really fast with a shipping cost and you can pay by Paypal.

Just wanted to let you know, because there are some really hard to find parts. And fair Prices too. I grabbed what I needed.

Maybe some of you can find the parts they are looking for.

ernieks

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SuperChamp82 said:

You should charge the Italian guys commission @ernieks 😂

No personal connection with that shop, but was surprised how many vintage parts they have.

So, fulfilled my needs and thought maybe somebody can find a long saught after part.

ernieks

A big thank you for this great tip! I took the risk and ordered from the shop,

but it was as you explained. Wrote in English, but no problem, they answered in perfect English to my request. Made some proposals for shipment, as the shop seems to be on Sicilia. At least it was send via airfreight from Palermo to Germany and then by DHL package. So I got some nice vintage parts I searched long after for a reasonable price. I´m very happy, as I got end of last year the opportunity to get a vintage Astute, for which I needed new front tires. Didn´t expect to find some, not even cheap. And 2 of my old Hicaps had diaphragms brittle as stone (from using mineral oil as kid), and now I got rplacements of the rare blue ones, which are superior to rerelease parts. Can´t get better!:lol:

Who bought the Vanquish parts?;)

Kind regards, Matthias

Astute parts.jpg

Ordered the third time now from them and everything went smooth everytime.

Choose DHL Express and it took only 3 to 4 days to get to me in Germany.

Got a lot vintage parts for my projects at reasonable prices. Sadly no more money left....

All things and original packings I received are in nearly pristine condition.

A lot of nice goodies still available. Good opportunity to get nice old parts.

ernieks

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 4:27 PM, Nugget said:

I didn’t get a reply 😢

Try again - I contacted the shop both via the email address and the contact form on the same web page, setting out the parts I wanted and where I was based. Did this Saturday pm UK time, shop contacted me this morning (Monday) with confirmation of parts, total price, 2 postage options, and Paypal address for payment. 

• Like 2

Contacted them last friday to try to purchase a set of Astute front tires for my restoration project (the item was still in stock when i contacted them), and they replied on Monday saying it was all gone:(

On 2/26/2020 at 11:22 AM, Garyrc01 said:

Contacted them last friday to try to purchase a set of Astute front tires for my restoration project (the item was still in stock when i contacted them), and they replied on Monday saying it was all gone:(

Probably they did not take them out directly after I got my set. Don´t think they had many sets left...

1 hour ago, SuperChamp82 said:

So everyone is aware, I’ve just found out that Costas Kalfakis (the owner) unfortunately passed away on the 7th of February.

I got a v polite email from one of his sons who replies to customers re an order I’d placed. 

All Kalfakis shops are currently closed - including online - and they’ll let everyone know if / when they reopen.  

Clearly a very sad time - and possibly the end of an era for another great hobby store ☹️

29 minutes ago, quattrokid said:

They were still trying to sell me parts yesterday though ???

Don't mix up the two different shops:

Kalfakis is a Greek shop ( former tamiya Distributor ) while the tread here leads to an italian hobbyshop in Palermo  !

Update on my order which arrived in the uk today, 8 days after ordering/paying. I have to say that this seems like a very professionally run hobby shop based on my experience. 

BACE5E33-4AD9-476D-A750-1C771CF47BD8.jpeg

They have some hard to find stuff available at not so high prices. Thanks for the link.