TwistedxSlayer

Untitled Tamiya Thread AKA TB Evo IV

If not the TL-01 or TB-04, perhaps the TA-06? With its IFS, hybrid belt/gear drive, etc, it is quite complex, it came out in 2011 so is post-2000 but older than the TT-02 which was released in 2013, and it has only ever been released in touring car guise, fitting all the clues we have so far?

• Like 1

The TB-03 fits the time clues, but isn't hugely complex, so maybe the TB-03 VDS?

Main chassis has arrived.

I know what I've got in mind for it. Going to build it as it should be I think with possibly a couple of twists.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 12:48 PM, TwistedxSlayer said:

Never said it started with T. Just said it had T in it 😜

Your a shocking tease🙄

• Haha 1

It looks like a TB Evo chassis plate, but not sure which one. Evo II maybe? I don't know the Evo chronology off the top of my head...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

It looks like a TB Evo chassis plate, but not sure which one. Evo II maybe? I don't know the Evo chronology off the top of my head...

It is indeed a TB Evo plate, and you were very close with TB04...

1 minute ago, TurnipJF said:

Of course! TB Evo IV!

It very much will be some version of a TBEvo IV.

Although it’s a tough choice between building it as a touring car, drift car, or throwing some long arms on it, taller shock towers and turning into a custom style TRF buggy.

As normal, it’s a very slow build, and sourcing bulkheads is the current mission, the problem is that Tamiya stop producing Upper Bulkhead B.

• Like 1

So thanks to the help of fellow members. I’ve been able to source bulkheads and a few other bits and pieces, I’ve got an order coming in from Tamico and a couple due in from eBay of screws and some other stuff. 

Ill get some pictures up when they arrive.

So I've had a message asking me to update this thread.

A huge shout out to @svenb

And Mark who's user name I can never remember.

Between the pair of them I've managed to source most of the parts so far for this build. Mostly off the pair of them.

I've new  slowly following the instructions but mostly just screwing things together. Lol.

I've had to wait for several small parts to arrive like shims and screws and what not.

I'll fire some more pictures up later.

But here is one just for Steve.

HWZCK3D.jpg

• Like 2

No problem! :) happy to help! 

hope you can find the last few bits to finish the build! 👍

mum always looking! :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark3gti said:

No problem! :) happy to help! 

hope you can find the last few bits to finish the build! 👍

mum always looking! :) 

Am hoping Mr Box man on eBay has a few bits and pieces for me. He says he has a steering assembly but hasn't said what that consists of. But for the price he wants for all the stuff he has it's a risk i am willing to take with spending the money.

30 minutes ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

Am hoping Mr Box man on eBay has a few bits and pieces for me. He says he has a steering assembly but hasn't said what that consists of. But for the price he wants for all the stuff he has it's a risk i am willing to take with spending the money.

That’s good! Told you always pays to ask! 👍👍

what else has he got? I really want the split motor mount for it at some point, even more so if I strip a spur gear! 😂