TwistedxSlayer

Untitled Tamiya Thread AKA TB Evo IV

So my new project has begun.

I wasnt sure what type of project i was looking for. I was looking at the DT03T for a while, and then maybe a drift car and then something totally none RC related.

Like the TB01 build it will be slow and I am trying to by everything from members or small shops or local for this build.

The 1st batch of parts is due to arrive next week.

Of course I may be tinkering along the way and I can still undecided for what the final form of the chassis I want it to be. At the moment... rally, touring, drift, truck or monster truck.

• Like 3

well if you need just about anything that stumps ya, post it here and i'll see what bricker bracks i can contribute, just love a good build and it seems that you're on to another.

then something totally none RC related" this is what's said above in your post,........................WHAT!?.............................................. I say "Nonsense"!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So after going out on a whim and buying a load of parts to make a start on said project. Ive decided to download a manual or 2 to help with the build and the chassis i am looking to build is probably the most difficult I have come across yet. Looks like it will be a good challenge and it also looks like i may struggle to find some of the parts i need. Lets see what arrives next week.

• Like 3

What chassis could it be🤔

Answers on a postcard 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

At the moment... rally, touring, drift, truck or monster truck.

My guess is a combination of all 5.

A front mounted motor (rally), blue anodised suspension parts (touring), S13 body (drift), long suspension arms (truck) and 2.8” tyres (monster truck). :lol:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

My guess is a combination of all 5.

A front mounted motor (rally), blue anodised suspension parts (touring), S13 body (drift), long suspension arms (truck) and 2.8” tyres (monster truck). :lol:

Cronenberg special edition

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Falcon#5 said:

28 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Cronenberg special edition

I'm sure it would look as hideous as it sounds.

However if Traxxas released it, they would make a fortune. :lol:

• Haha 1

It's going to roll, Right? Ok, that's all i need to know, forward motion, a good thing:blink:

I'm still trying to work out which chassis you are building.

When you said "rally, touring, drift, truck or monster truck", my first thought was a TL-01, as it is extremely versatile and can be turned into any of these thanks to being compatible with TL-01B suspension.

But then you said "the chassis i am looking to build is probably the most difficult I have come across yet", and that description hardly suits the TL-01, unless of course you were saying this for humorous effect.

But assuming that it is a genuine clue, now I'm thinking maybe something like a TB-04?

• Like 1

The TL01 is very versatile indeed.

I can safely say it is not the TL01 of any variant.

I will let you have the 'T' part of the guess. That narrows it down to about 30 different variants. Lol.

Wt01

The wild dagger, twin detonator chassis.

Front or rear engine and drive, 4wd or 2wd, skinny arms, long arms.

Piggy back another gearbox on for 6wd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Wt01

The wild dagger, twin detonator chassis.

Front or rear engine and drive, 4wd or 2wd, skinny arms, long arms.

Piggy back another gearbox on for 6wd.

Nope. But would love to see a drift one.

Just now, ThunderDragonCy said:

Balls

That was a genuine question. Lol.

And your reply says not. Lol

I am being a little unfair here. The chassis had one use. Ive just got the tools and technology to turn it any build really.