Baddon

Wanted - Manta Ray Dirt Thrasher parts updated in UK/Ireland

Bought a manta ray in rough condition (turns out its all working BUT the front suspension tower has ripped out of the front box, splitting both screw holders)

I am only after it to rebuild the car to usable status, so does not need to be new. Hoping someone out there has upgraded or prettied up one and has a box of bits with it in there.

I intend at some stage to re - body it as a Dirt Thrasher as the body is totally mashed. - see parts needed in latest post in the thread please.

UK based for post.

i have one but its a red one a has few cracks on it where they always split i have put a black mark where they are their is only 2 badish ones 

Its yours if you want it.

1584280591100-399079886.jpg

1584280617221-765412382.jpg

@topforcein its for a display model only.

I never thought to look up what the part would cost, so will have a check on Tony Tamiya parts.

3 hours ago, Baddon said:

@topforcein a new A parts was £11 posted so its now ordered.

Cheers for the offer though.

yeah it surpriseing how cheap they are its what i did last year when i replaced the both gearbox's and arms on both my top-force and manta-ray.

now after doing the B parts I have noticed a few other things not quite right

So I am in need off the following used in reasonable condition is fine. UK based.

rear bumper as my buggy does not have one and with 3 crew holes I assume there should be one? E5

A front shock bottom spring retainer (the black bit that seats the bottom of the spring) D1

Correct wing mount for a Dirt Thrasher as the Manta one leaves it looking WRONG, way to flat with no tilt. E3

Battery retainer for motor side of the buggy.   E11

And yeah, they both have rear bumpers but only one screw needed in the centre hole -- the extra holes on the side are for the pegs that are built into the bumper.

The top force didn't come with a rear bumper (even though it uses the same rear gearbox and cover) which makes it look too 'flat' for me, so I still put one on despite it not being 'accurate' :)

7 hours ago, aynar said:

The E3 on my manta and dirt thrasher are identical 🤔

ok so will have to play with what i have to see if i can get the angle correct. Its WAY to flat now.

so basically I am after E parts tree - this should be same as for Manta Ray, Terra Conquer and a single D1 which should be common to a load of buggies. 

Anyone have a rumage in parts bins in Uk who can help me please?

2 hours ago, Baddon said:

ok so will have to play with what i have to see if i can get the angle correct. Its WAY to flat now.

Is it the dirt thrasher wing you're fitting? Might sound silly but is it the right way around? I got a used one once and it had been stickered up backwards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddon said:

so basically I am after E parts tree - this should be same as for Manta Ray, Terra Conquer and a single D1 which should be common to a load of buggies. 

Anyone have a rumage in parts bins in Uk who can help me please?

Have you got a pic of the d1 you need I haven't got a manual to hand but I've most likely got one. 

22 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Is it the dirt thrasher wing you're fitting? Might sound silly but is it the right way around? I got a used one once and it had been stickered up backwards. 

Sorted now as just adjusted it properly.

21 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Have you got a pic of the d1 you need I haven't got a manual to hand but I've most likely got one. 

pic of D1

2021-01-18_10-22-53

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddon said:

pic of D1

2021-01-18_10-22-53

OK I'll have a look tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if I didn't have a spare one in the box. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddon said:

sorted

Literally found it last night as well lol

Screenshot_20210131_211932.jpg

25 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Literally found it last night as well lol

Screenshot_20210131_211932.jpg

lol, no worries, you know we all have a few bags of bits? I forgot I had a bag of suspension stuff in a jiffy bag in a drawer. Guess what was in there....lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baddon said:

lol, no worries, you know we all have a few bags of bits? I forgot I had a bag of suspension stuff in a jiffy bag in a drawer. Guess what was in there....lol

I looked everywhere for something I knew I had the other week, gave up and ordered the parts tree, then I found it before it even arrived :rolleyes::lol:

• Haha 1