Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy pants

CVA Questions for a WW2 & Lunchbox!

So I recently bought my 1st set of CVA’s to fit to my WW2.

I know it’s not really required for a WW, but the 1st pair of CVA’s were free from the sale of another car and my thinking was that if I don’t like them on the WW then they can go on my HCT.

Anyway the questions-

1. The spacers, when to use them and why? My guess is the restrict the shock bounce and rebound. IE the thicker the spacer the less bouncy the shock?

2. The aeration holes in the shock body, choice of 1 or 3 holes, they must restrict the oil flow to slow the shock down on compression?

3. What is the best set of for the WW2? 

4. I have a full set to add to my Lunchbox, again possibly pointless but they are yellow and I have them now. What’s the best set up with the aeration holes and spacers?

Apologies  if the answers seem obvious to you but shocks are new territory for me.

Thank you !

Simon

1. Spacer are to adjust the height /length of the damper when used internally, just on the outside shaft (usually rubber ones) to limit arm travel.

Bouncy is a combination of damper oil, damper disc holes and springs used.

2. Yes combined with oil viscosity.

3. Any set are a improvement to the original ones, there are several fancy alloy TRF and even a specific WR set but the black CVA work fine.

LB think I have used 3 holes rear and two front with standard oil, soft spring rear and stiff springs front and also used internal spacers in the front plus outside rubber to reduce travel (wheel.hitting arches.)

Plus I use a fifth shock, front and rear chassis braces and centered servo.

Runs better than my LB with the FX10 conversion, and takes on ramps brilliantly.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 8:18 PM, waterbok said:

1. Spacer are to adjust the height /length of the damper when used internally, just on the outside shaft (usually rubber ones) to limit arm travel.

3. Any set are a improvement to the original ones, there are several fancy alloy TRF and even a specific WR set but the black CVA work fine.

LB think I have used 3 holes rear and two front with standard oil, soft spring rear and stiff springs front and also used internal spacers in the front plus outside rubber to reduce travel (wheel.hitting arches.)

Runs better than my LB with the FX10 conversion, and takes on ramps brilliantly.

Thank you Waterbok, I used these tips last night to build my CVA’s.

Very happy 👍

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 8:18 PM, waterbok said:

Hi waterbok, 

Can you remember the which spring set you put on the front at all?

I’d like to get some as the standard springs are just a bit too soft.

All the best

Simon