First this is a very dusty place, i should of covered it up many moons ago.

This is Summersville, a place i very much got lost in, kind of reminds me of Willoughby.

i purchased a lot of kits also, wood, plastic, card stock, metal and always saw so many neat left over pieces, that i started building things out of them and also re=purposing things from around the house, so many neat items we use and see every day, it wasn't about saving money, it was "Wow look what this could be" and carried it on through so many different things and projects

became endless. these pictures i'll start off with my Z scale train set you've seen some things from Growl Grotto and later i'll post some of the N gauge train stuff and then i'll detail out the slotcar track. yes most of every thing i come up with is my idea and a lot is just seeing what's around me in this world, some people and some places have given me inspiration to do and try what ever comes to mind. I read once from a highly talented craftsman that there are no mistakes that cannot be dealt with and that as long as your content on how it comes out then it is good as it gets or just build it again or fix it. some things i have learned is walk away and come back to it later.

Any Ol' how, it's odd how i will bonce about through my different hobbies, I truly do not play with them that much, my passion is assembling and building and coming up with ideas that are different to me. Thanx for stopping by and hopefully you can share your scratch builds here as well. there's no wrong nor right in them, yes some come out better than others but it never bothers me, for i'll try harder on the next one. So have fun and guess what was used, because there's so much pieces from different things i'd be typing for a long time.

sWAPqC0.jpg

i9cZ7U7.jpg

FKwWE02.jpg

eYl1KHz.jpg

MOD6PRg.jpg

LnjdFnQ.jpg

eG0v8kX.jpg

ix2QA10.jpg

Gqvh5vE.jpg

eWVsO3S.jpgbnw6sUC.jpgmvliJYc.jpgFOrr9a5.jpgKF2XUx5.jpgu25481y.jpgZy278Ak.jpgHExbJQd.jpggYaajAF.jpg

• Like 10

i suppose i post such things is that as i started out and wanted to do what i have seen since i was a kid and to have such neat and nifty things, is that these people had to make it them selves it didn't come in a pretty package and just plug it in and start to play with. it was a learning curve, hard work, lots of reading and studying and yes an imagination is about half the battle. a drive i know someday will end but a passion i'll never forget. and so if one person here or abroad can say "i can do that, and do it nicer", well then my 

posting this then will be worth the effort, and i'll die a happy Engineer? Build it for fun, build it for life.

• Like 2

Great work, I love that.  I love the idea of building a scale town - if I wasn't in to RC and I had more interior space I'd almost certainly be into trains - not because of any particular love for trains but just because I have a thing about small versions of big things.  I love the idea of planning out my own little community and building it up from scratch.

Top work there, thanks for sharing :)

• Thanks 2

It looks great! I particularly like the incorporation of electrical components in the layout.

• Thanks 1

I really like how you're repurposed things and made so much from scratch.  It's far too easy to spend money, but takes some talent and time to turn ordinary materials into scale objects.  The "Folgers" restaurant made me grin, as well as the paint can water/oil storage tanks.

• Thanks 1

From left to right

Z scale, N, HO, O, 1/32, G, and 1/24 UCcLpF3.jpg

now see the two woman? they are from different manufactures (they all seem to have their own idea of scale size) including automobiles accessories ect...

1/32 scale is the craziest Prieser being the tallest, Scalectric is slightly smaller than Carrera but the same size as LM minitures collections and there has to be about four different sized O scale peeps, i had to use O on the race track because there was so many people doing different things than 1/32 had, plus all the animals.

JQ5iCch.jpg

The tallest figure is actually 1/14, he's the same size as my driver for the Pacific Green Grand Hauler. i have a 1/24th person but can not find her (her hand broke off and put her somewhere safe:unsure:) and haven't assembled the others that came in a kit. 

I knew it then, i sy it now, "This is why my eyes are screwy"

some i purchased already painted, this is what you get when your're trying to save a lil' coin. there's about a 150 people and animals, these haven't dropped from the sprue yet

until i clean the layout.

EdDu4Zr.jpg

My crew here, they helped build this town, a swell bunch of guys!

XERur5C.jpg

Have you ever seen Rice carvings? now that's a talent i'll never try.

Carvings, very small carvings

Image result for rice carvings

gives  patients a new meaning

or this when i started the Z layout

smallest_model_train.jpg

it's for the window display for his train layout  hobby store front.......................... what's amazing it operates

• Like 1

and i thought chainsaw carvings were amazing........................and they are also.

Are they showcasing small carvings, or giant needles? :lol:

• Haha 1

I like these when incorporated with a routed slot car track. Some amazing stuff out there.

Good work.

• Thanks 1

I like how you referenced Willoughby in the first post.  A Stop at Willoughby is my favorite episode of the Twilight Zone ever! 

• Like 1

supo

4 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

I like how you referenced Willoughby in the first post.  A Stop at Willoughby is my favorite episode of the Twilight Zone ever! 

supposedly it was Rod Serling's favorite episode of the first series.

3 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

supo

supposedly it was Rod Serling's favorite episode of the first series.

That's interesting!  I didn't know that!