TurnipJF

"FOR THE MOGS!" - TT-02 charity build

What a wonderful thing you're doing!! 😊💯 

I was building a TT-02 a few years back, my first piecemeal Build. I've been in a bad way, financially, for nearly a Decade. There was nothing economical about piecemeal building a $120 Car.....

It's cost a total of $245 - and it's STILL not done yet!!! 😖  But buying it $10-20 at a time was really my only option. It also enabled me to add bits that don't come in any kit, like the FRP Chassis, Diff Covers and Motor Cover in BLUE! Amongst other things.

I just was never able to afford the Body I really wanted, the 240Z. It's never had a Body.

There's NO WAY I could afford Shipping abroad. But if there was any practical means, I'd be happy to donate the finished Chassis, for even a THIRD Auction!! 

We're a Cat loving Family, even if our 23lb pure bred Maine Coon thinks he's a Cocker Spaniel!!! 😜 I'm sure he'd happily approve of helping other Cats! 🐱

...... The second picture is a reference to his SIZE. He's eating next to my CC-01 Landfreeder!! 😲

IMG_20190823_230351.jpg

IMG_20190424_180704.jpg

• Like 2

I was building a TT-02 a few years back, my first piecemeal Build. I've been in a bad way, financially, for nearly a Decade. There was nothing economical about piecemeal building a $120 Car.....

It's cost a total of $245 - and it's STILL not done yet!!! 😖  But buying it $10-20 at a time was really my only option. It also enabled me to add bits that don't come in any kit, like the FRP Chassis, Diff Covers and Motor Cover in BLUE! Amongst other things.

I just was never able to afford the Body I really wanted, the 240Z. It's never had a Body.

There's NO WAY I could afford Shipping abroad. But if there was any practical means, I'd be happy to donate the finished Chassis, for even a THIRD Auction!! 

We're a Cat loving Family, even if our 23lb pure bred Maine Coon thinks he's a Cocker Spaniel!!! 😜 I'm sure he'd happily approve of helping other Cats! 🐱

...... The second picture is a reference to his SIZE. He's eating next to my CC-01 Landfreeder!! 😲

...... The picture is a reference to his SIZE. He's eating next to my CC-01 Landfreeder!! 😲

Don't know what just happened... I did not expect it to post 4 TIMES!! 😖 It won't let me delete the 3 repeats either.

• Haha 1

The servo mounts have just arrived thanks to @Juhunio, and I am about to install them. 

2020-07-29_01-42-51

• Like 3

Which means that the ESC can go in on top of it:

2020-07-29_06-17-42

That brings us to where we are now. The observant amongst you will notice that there have also been a few other changes since the last major update. For one thing, it now has a motor. I had a Torque Tuned in readiness, but then I found a rebuildable Etronix 27t in my stash which looks better I think. I also freed up a set of Absima black anodised alloy bodied shocks a while ago when upgrading my TL-01LA, so those have been rebuilt with Tamiya seals and have been fitted to this car. Lastly, it has a heatsink, which I also think adds to the race-ready look and thus ought to make it more desirable when it goes to auction.

I need to solder up the motor wires, then it will be a runner. After that, all it will need is body posts!

• Like 3

That is a MUCH better hodgepodge of bits than the M05 I've been Building piecemeal!!! 

Someone's going to be very happy with this! 💯😊

Great job and great cause @TurnipJF are there any other parts you need? I'd be happy to chip in a bit if there is?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bozatron said:

Great job and great cause @TurnipJF are there any other parts you need? I'd be happy to chip in a bit if there is?

Thanks - that is very kind of you. The only things still needed for this project though are the body posts. They come on the same sprues as the suspension arms, so I am hoping someone might have bought the sprues in order to get spare arms, and have the posts going spare?

• Like 1

Despite @bozatron's generous offer to order in some body posts for the project, we are still on the lookout for some as the relevant sprue seems to be out of stock in the UK, unless anyone knows of a supplier that has some?

The rest of the project is coming along very well though. The motor leads are soldered on, the ESC is set, the chassis has been test run and is fully operational. The TBLE-02 ESC donated for the project has already been converted to Deans, but the battery has a Tamiya connector fitted, so I soldered up an adapter to allow the car's future owner to use either. 

I am now looking towards what to include with the car in order to make it an attractive package to a beginner. So far I have a few bits:

2020-08-06_01-17-14

There is the car itself of course, with shell and transmitter. There is the NiMH battery that was kindly donated, and I have some different springs, a Tamiya box spanner, flat spanner, safety sheet and TBLE-02 instruction sheet ready to go. I'll also include some shock collars. 

I could have sworn that I had one of those plug in trickle chargers that come with the XB models to include too, but I can't find it anywhere, so if anyone has one to donate, that would be grand. I think it might also be nice to include a standard TT-02 instruction manual, but since these are available online it is no biggie if it is not included. 

• Like 2

As a last resort I might be able to help out again. I think I have some TT02 posts that id cut too short then superglued to the tamiya universal extender posts.

Theyre probably not the most elegant body posts in the world but should fit?

8 hours ago, Superluminal said:

As a last resort I might be able to help out again. I think I have some TT02 posts that id cut too short then superglued to the tamiya universal extender posts.

Theyre probably not the most elegant body posts in the world but should fit?

In the absence of any other option, we might have to take you up on those. I have some of those universal post extenders too, so if the joins are too unsightly, I might be able to redo them.

We'll keep you posted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

In the absence of any other option, we might have to take you up on those. I have some of those universal post extenders too, so if the joins are too unsightly, I might be able to redo them.

We'll keep you posted. 

Have just dug them out of the parts box.

To be honest theyre not quite the horrorshow i had in my mind when i made them. That may have been due to my feelings of disgust at otherwise having to buy £25 worth of sprues to get them with 90% of the remaining bits not being used. Let me know if you want them and i will stick them in the post next week.

For the mogs.

Resized_20200807_112820_4917.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Yesssssss!!!!You complete and utter legend!!!!!! The tt02 holy grail.

Miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow miaow

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

@TurnipJF Look what I've found... 😁 Pm me again so I can send on... 

DSC_0044

Woohoo!!!! PM incoming!!👍😀😁🐱

• Like 2

At last a set of elusive posts have turned up #rarerthanhensteeth :D 

• Haha 3

I came home from work this evening to find a very exciting package waiting for me! A large padded envelope and extra wrapping provided protection befitting the extreme rarity of the contents:

2020-08-10_09-02-29

Yes, the last piece of the puzzle has arrived thanks to @Grotty Otty. The body posts are here! 👍😀😎😻😸

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No worries, glad they got there safe. Packaging may have been a little excessive... Still better safe than sorry 😁👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I fitted them this morning, meaning the chassis is complete!

2020-08-11_12-09-45

• Like 2

Which means that the body can be mounted

2020-08-11_12-19-13

The car is drivable and could be auctioned/raffled/sold/donated as-is, but I think it looks a bit plain in street trim. 

Luckily we have an artist friend with a vinyl cutter, who has agreed to create a cat-themed livery for it which should make it more desirable and thus able to raise more money for the kitties.

Then it is just a case of figuring out the best way to raise the most money with it, within the restrictions of the Coronapocalypse!

• Like 2