TurnipJF

"FOR THE MOGS!" - TT-02 charity build

And yes, I will trim the posts before it leaves the workshop, when I can bring myself to take a tube cutter to such rare and sought-after items! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Willow has been performing her quality checks.

Wing looks secure:

2020-08-11_12-51-14

Aerial looks tall enough:

2020-08-11_03-40-04

Are you sure the front shocks are set correctly?

2020-08-11_03-38-50

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

You've got a BIG Kitty yourself!!! She's got beautiful colouring, and seems good at her job of Vehicle Testing!! 😜😁

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carmine A said:

You've got a BIG Kitty yourself!!! She's got beautiful colouring, and seems good at her job of Vehicle Testing!! 😜😁

Thanks! She is a good size, but looks tiny next to her big brother Lynton, a purebred Norwegian Forest Cat.

2020-08-11_11-37-19

2020-08-11_11-38-12

Even curled up, he is half as wide as our bed!

• Like 5

GOOD GOD MAN!!!! 😲😲  He might be bigger than my Maine Coon! Mines 17 mos and 25.5lbs. He's not supposed to get bigger than 30-32lbs.... But he's more stocky looking. Your Kitty is HUGE!!

First pic is Gizmo at 7 months...

Second one with the Truck is him 3 weeks ago. He's still a behemoth of a Cat. Eats like a Dog, as graceful as a Great Dane!!

IMG_20190612_111807.jpg

IMG_20190424_180704.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 12:34 AM, Carmine A said:

GOOD GOD MAN!!!! 😲😲  He might be bigger than my Maine Coon! Mines 17 mos and 25.5lbs. He's not supposed to get bigger than 30-32lbs.... But he's more stocky looking. Your Kitty is HUGE!!

First pic is Gizmo at 7 months...

Second one with the Truck is him 3 weeks ago. He's still a behemoth of a Cat. Eats like a Dog, as graceful as a Great Dane!!

And a very handsome chap he is too! 👍😸

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

And a very handsome chap he is too! 👍😸

Thanks! HE thinks so!! 😜🐱 

So, is your big boy a 30 pounder, or just very large framed? I've heard of Norwegian Forest Cats, but have never seen one. Quite Majestic looking!

On 8/13/2020 at 8:21 PM, Carmine A said:

Thanks! HE thinks so!! 😜🐱 

So, is your big boy a 30 pounder, or just very large framed? I've heard of Norwegian Forest Cats, but have never seen one. Quite Majestic looking!

He is no lightweight, but I don't think he is quite a 30 pounder. Under all the fur, he is relatively lanky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

He is no lightweight, but I don't think he is quite a 30 pounder. Under all the fur, he is relatively lanky. 

I'm sure that's the difference. The Maine Coon Fur is Dense, triple layered, but short...

Except for the very fluffy Tail, and extra Fur around the jowels and tufts around the Ears. Gizmo is all BULK!

.... It's all quite Neat looking - but I'd bet you a Quid - mine SHEDS about 3X as much as yours!!! 😖

Many Long Haired Cats are deceptive like that. When my Mum got a Persian, Dad was sure that he would have a House full of FUR!! In fact there wasn't much at all!!! 

How about Yours? Does He follow the Long Haired adage, or does He bless your Furniture with Second Coat of "protection"!!?? 😲🐱

Lynton is remarkably good at keeping his fur to himself, despite having such a lot of it. His is also multilayered and quite water resistant. He is the first cat I have known to actively seek out water to play in!

On the car front, it is currently with our artist friend having the livery created. She has sent through some concept sketches which look really good, but I don't think I will upload them yet - I'd rather keep the livery as a surprise and reveal it when it is finished! 😀

• Like 1

Gizmo is also a water kitty!😺  Even as far as jumping in the Shower with us. 😧😄😂

Would I know who's doing the Livery? I think it's really big of you to go through all this work for Charity! I do agree, it's a worthy cause.402341012_TT-0203.thumb.jpg.4f243cbb7f390b14d7f014fcc805701b.jpg

I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of the TT-02 I started about 4 years ago...2073855051_TT-0206.thumb.jpg.d86462b9347c00112b5704099c688eef.jpg

It's got a few hopups... And Mods to the Suspension, for increased ground clearance...103369418_TT-0201.thumb.jpg.edaef343fad82142260751c0979f3204.jpg

But I never finished it. Believe it or not, a Body was beyond what I could spend. 😞 I'm hoping for the Audi Quattro Body, or even a Porsche. She's a MAD runner - especially on 3S!! Maybe next year...

TT-02 02.jpg

It is possible that you may have heard of the artist doing the livery - Bethan "Lientie" Roberts - she is quite big in the British tattoo scene and works out of the Iron and Pin studio in Lincoln. https://www.ironandpin.co.uk/ 

Another piece of the package arrived today:

2020-08-18_12-38-09

It is neither fancy nor quick, but it does mean that whoever buys or wins this will be able to use it straight away even if they are a beginner with no other RC kit. (Or rather, within the 7.2 hours it will take to charge the 1800mAh battery. 😴)

• Like 2

I've got a decent NiMH charger I can throw your way. Will need a Tamiya plug soldering back onto it though as it's got a Deans on it. Its current sat gathering dust. If you want?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

I've got a decent NiMH charger I can throw your way. Will need a Tamiya plug soldering back onto it though as it's got a Deans on it. Its current sat gathering dust. If you want?

That would be brilliant, yes please!

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

It is possible that you may have heard of the artist doing the livery - Bethan "Lientie" Roberts - she is quite big in the British tattoo scene and works out of the Iron and Pin studio in Lincoln. https://www.ironandpin.co.uk/  ......

Yes, even here in the Colonies, I've heard of her work! Brilliant with an Airbrush. Is that the sort of thing you've commissioned?

On 8/18/2020 at 3:31 PM, Carmine A said:

Yes, even here in the Colonies, I've heard of her work! Brilliant with an Airbrush. Is that the sort of thing you've commissioned?

She is very skilled at airbrush work, but since this shell is already painted, she is decorating it with vinyl. Or rather she will be as soon as it arrives - the waterproof UV-proof signwriting stuff she wants to use is on backorder. As soon as it arrives, the livery can be cut and applied - the design work is all done. 

With the project almost complete, I have set up a meeting with the folks from Cats Protection at which we will try to work of the best way of using the car as a fundraiser, with the most likely options being a raffle or auction. Although if anyone has any other creative suggestions, please let me know over the next couple of days and I will put them forward. 

• Like 1

Update time!

The livery is finished, which means that the car is ready for donation.

2020-09-15_11-07-52

2020-09-15_11-08-23

I have been in touch with Cats Protection, who say they are going to organise a bit of a social media campaign around the project in order to help maximise its fundraising potential. As soon as this goes live, I'll post a link here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Right! That came out GREAT!!! 👌👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 

Here's hoping that it brings in enough to make a difference. Poor Cats have a harder time of it than Dogs. 💔  And I try very hard not to think about some EVIL individuals are capable of.... 

I sleep well knowing at least we give our furballs all the love they can handle!  .... I'd usually say "little Furball", but Gizmo just passed the 22 pound Mark!!!! 😲🐱  He will only sleep on our Bed, at my feet. I hope he will be alright, when I'm not.... 

We're both excited to see the Auction get fired up!!

• Like 1

Earlier I received notification from @netsmithUK that he is willing to donate a year's Tamiyaclub subscription to whoever wins the car, along with a Tamiyaclub bumper sticker and stuff!

Thanks very much Mr Netsmith! This will make the car even more desirable, and hopefully raise even more money for the mogs!

• Like 4

Wow!!!! What an awesome project this has been. Really glad it got off the ground and the final result looks great.

FOR THE MOGS!!!!!! >' ' <

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In case anyone is wondering what is going on with the car now that it is finished, I received the following email from Cats Protection earlier today:

Good Morning,

Just a quick email to let you know I haven't forgotten about you .

we think we are going to go for an online raffle as business seems to go better when it's advertised online rather then in the shop , i'm currently looking into ways people could purchase Raffle tickets online and it's proving to be a little difficult as we don't have a bank account /paypal for our Shop .

Rest assured though i'm working on it and hope to come up with a solution soon , the Car in the mean time is safe here at the Shop 🙂

Hope you're all well
Have a great week
Kind regards
Tina Robson
Shop Manager
Cats Protection Lincoln
  • Like 3

The PayPal part should be easy anyway... I've got a PayPal Donation only account. But then, I've had a regular PayPal account since 1999 - but I don't think that makes a difference. 

I just hope they're successful. 🐱