Juggular

Delay buying from China?

I ordered some bearings 15 days ago.  I got a notification that they sent them today.  Why couldn't they send them before 40,000 people got infected?    

A German study says corona family viruses like SARS and MERS live up to 9 days on plastic surfaces.  

https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext

I might have to microwave the bearings to disinfect (don't do it, kidsI've seen MacGuyver exploding many microwave ovens that way). 

Anybody delaying orders?  

Yep, i've had a couple of orders from rcmart delayed. Rcjaz had a notice saying theirs were delayed too.

Strangely I got some brake pads from Japan in 4 days though, I thought Japan was having problems too

• Like 1

My motor for my losi min t 2.0  is arriving today from hong kong. Took almost a month. I also ordered some spares for my egress from rcmart that just shipped. 

• Like 1

The 9 days thing applies to a lot of viruses and is more about everyday kitchens / workplaces 

If parts travel in a cargo aircraft hold the heat / pressure differential will kill most off 

Delays are more likely to be just down to staffing - and who can blame them 

• Like 1

i orderd from rcmart on 8th feb and got a notification of posted on 10th with one of them tracking info thingies that is about as much use a a chocolate teapot.

and after just checking on ebay it is know saying deliverys from china may be delayed so it will get here when it gets here.

• Haha 1

I ordered from RCMart on the 2nd and the package got here yesterday. I was surprised as I expected a longer shipping time.

• Like 1

Ive had 3 from RC Mart in the past few days. One via EBay took a month (free postage though) the other two, only small were quite quick, in fact one overtook the other in transit.

• Like 1

Be careful. This is how the Osaka Flu got to Springfield on "The Simpsons" :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have some pending orders from China. Some were ordered Jan 8, 15 and 22. It only usually takes 10-12 days to get the items here. But many of them haven't arrived yet. I'm tracking them but it says "processing" until now.

• Like 1

My ali express order hasn’t even been processed yet and it was placed over a week ago 

tbh whatever arrived I’ll lock in a hotel room for 2 weeks 

JJ

• Haha 1

It’s been a few years since I bought anything from rcmart and they were always pretty fast getting stuff here to the uk. No surprises if there are delays at present but are you guys still finding that, like Stella models, they tend to automatically send kits and parts with low declared values so you avoid customs charges?

My latest rcmart order came very quickly (about a week) so I don’t think it’s effecting Hong Kong orders to Australia. I think it’s only effect you if you had some parcel that had to travel through china’s postal system to get to you. 

Just got an order from RCMART to California. It took about a week and USA/China health departments have both came out and said there is no risk to catch the coronavirus through packages. 

No wish to offend anyone but is delay getting r/c bits really an issue when people are dying over there ?

And if you’re actually more concerned about contagion then just wait + donate to charities helping fix the problem 

• Thanks 1

People are always dying everywhere though!

In the USA this flu season (Oct-Jan) there have been around 30millions flu cases, 250,000-400,000 hospitalisations and 10,000-30,000 deaths. 

and 2000 children die from diarrhoea every DAY. 

Coronavirus is just another strain of flu that in most cases is mild. 

We defo need to stem it’s spread and I have friends in HKG who have no idea where they can go, what they can do or how to mitigate against it.

But it’s ok to talk about it all and see how it’s impacting every day life no?

not offended but we do need to put it into perspective and not blow it all out of proportion like the press do

JJ

Well that killed that ;)

well my order from AliExpress hasn’t been processed but my order from Rcmart has been and has been shipped 

sometimes AliExpress takes crazy amounts of time to process 

JJ

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 2:04 PM, Problemchild said:

People are always dying everywhere though!

In the USA this flu season (Oct-Jan) there have been around 30millions flu cases, 250,000-400,000 hospitalisations and 10,000-30,000 deaths. 

and 2000 children die from diarrhoea every DAY. 

Coronavirus is just another strain of flu that in most cases is mild. 

We defo need to stem it’s spread and I have friends in HKG who have no idea where they can go, what they can do or how to mitigate against it.

But it’s ok to talk about it all and see how it’s impacting every day life no?

not offended but we do need to put it into perspective and not blow it all out of proportion like the press do

JJ

it's like car accidents they go way over every ones head, but a major airline or cruise line accident and bam! it's a big deal because so many people die at once. 

i must say i even changed my build name from ACCEL's SICKNESS  to C7 Valkyrie Vette because of what was happening. the term "that's sick!" for those who do not know

is Bad A$$, neat, nice , rad, cool, alright, boss, nifty, may i go on? any ways, anywhere else on this planet with all the political correctness i'd careless, but in this case it was different for me and thought it best to change it. for every one else well let me just say BITE ME!:lol: oh Eric now that's not nice.......................................

and besides when you die no more fargin taxes AMEN!

Well my AliExpress delivery arrived and I licked it all over 

I’m seeing ££ signs from the press coverage 

JJ

• Haha 3

75,000 infected and 2000 dead, officially.  

The number doubled in a week since this thread started.  There was a German mathematician saying that the real biological processes are never as neat as Chinese reports.  A professor at Imperial College Oxford also says looking at the transmission outside of China, it looks like China may have had 1700 cases when they said 43 at the early stage.  40 times less.  I hope that does not mean that the real death toll is 80,000. (China recently kicked out journalists from Wall Street Journal yesterday for other reports)  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/peering-through-the-coronavirus-murk-into-chinas-economy-11582115286

Considering how thousands of poor old people are dying, it's true, toy bearings are the least important things.  But at the same time, if I order stuff I'll order from Hong Kong instead of mainland, at least for now. 

But still symptoms are mild in most cases 

still need to look at it as a %

wonder how many people die of flu in China normally 

JJ

i keep hearing population control?

i've heard it once when it was 7 billion, i say it and will repeat it, now 8 billion humans on Mother Terra  and there just has to be so many more problems.

Glad to see you received your items PC, just put them under UV lighting and wipe with bleach and then install. 😵

i  had my order from rc mart on monday  even though the tracking info was still saying at processing centre hong kong so around 8 days from order to delivery

mind you the other one i orderd from china on the same day it is still saying this......"Export customs declaration completed..... so that has until the 26th march to turn up