Tudorp

Opinions

I would like opinions, good or bad (it won't sway me, but still interested in the opinions). 

I just sold my spare Wild Willy. And now soon to pull the trigger in a Sand Scorcher if I don't find a used one in a week or two. And I wanted to tip you guys off in what I have planned for it. WIld Willy being my favorite Tamiya, want to do a Wild Willy themed Sand Scorcher.  I plan to fit a Wild Willy figure in it (at least the head), but also paint the Body in Olive Drab, and apply the original Wild Willy decals (reproductions) on it,  basically the box art of the original Wild Willy.  What would you guys think of a runner Wild Willy Sand Scorcher? 

• Like 1

Thanks.. All her stuff is crazy nice work. I really loved that Frog Scorcher. I really like her Wild Willy figure work. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a cool combo. I say go for it. Don't forget to show off pics when it's done.

Hi Tudorp - my ears are burning ;o)

If you've not found it already, the original build thread for my STUMPscorcher is buried back here: STUMPscorcher - which ought to show you in some detail how I shortened and reshaped the Sand Scorcher Shell to fit on the WR-02 Chassis. edit. unfortunately I realise that a lot of those photos have now been hijacked by Photobucket, so I apologise if they are not especially helpful now...

Fortunately I did catalogue most of the key steps in a series of entires in the Extra Info section in my showroom, with photos hosted here on TamiyaClub - starting here: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=121992&id=25648

Feel free to ask any other questions, and as Biz73 says - looking forward to seeing your result - original WW2 colours would be cool!

Jenny x

• Like 1

Really nice work Jenny. Got a personal question for you. I knew a gal that went by the screen name "Jenny X" many years ago. We are "Jeep" people, and we belonged to the on line club/website "Jeepaholics". If I remember, she was also in California. By odd chance, would that be you?  BTW: You do awesome work my friend. I really love the Frog Scorcher you built. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tudorp said:

Really nice work Jenny. Got a personal question for you. I knew a gal that went by the screen name "Jenny X" many years ago. We are "Jeep" people, and we belonged to the on line club/website "Jeepaholics". If I remember, she was also in California. By odd chance, would that be you?  BTW: You do awesome work my friend. I really love the Frog Scorcher you built. 

Hi Tudorp - sorry no, that was not me I'm afraid... Until the beginning of last year was mainly living in the UK (although somewhat ironically perhaps was involved in the Land Rover and 4x4 scene over there for a good number of years) - although in recent years had started to spend a lot more time in the US, and have now moved here permanently.

Glad you liked the Fro-Sco - that was always one of my favourite builds (having loved the Sand Scorcher ever since I was a kid), and I do have a [currently dormant] project based on a similar concept that I really should revisit soon, if I could only shake this current crawler chassis disease!

Jx