kid168

Blackfoot questions

Im gonna get a re release Blackfoot, does anyone know if it comes with full ball bearings?

Check out  RC Bearings.co.uk seem to be the best value in the UK for complete sets. You can get cheaper on ebay buy buying individual bearings though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Check out  RC Bearings.co.uk seem to be the best value in the UK for complete sets. You can get cheaper on ebay buy buying individual bearings though.

You can buy individual bearings at rcbearings as well, if you join tamiyabase there is even a member discount code.

Or if you order a decent amount you could ask them for an offer.

• Like 1

Got it. Anyone know how many bearings the re re needs? I found 3 options on Ebay; 10pcs, 12pcs and 16pcs? 

Know any other important upgrades to add/buy for this re re? 

The MIP ball diff or the gearbox housing brace mod if you really want to run it 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 9:08 AM, kid168 said:

Got it. Anyone know how many bearings the re re needs? I found 3 options on Ebay; 10pcs, 12pcs and 16pcs? 

Know any other important upgrades to add/buy for this re re? 

Sorry for the late reply, the number of bearings you need are on the side of the box, but mines buried in the loft. 
Checking through the instructions though the kit contains x2 metal ball bearings for in the gearbox only.  

You need x2  850 metal ball bearings to replace the kit bushes for the gearbox. 

And a further x8 1150 ball bearings for the wheels. Rubber shielded ones are good for these. 

It is honestly worth buying bulk if you’re planning to buy more kits. I bought 20 odd metal shielded 1150’s, 20 odd Rubber shielded 1150’s and a few 850 metal shielded all for around A$40 I think it was of eBay. I should of bought more as they are nearly used up now 😉

• Like 2

Here’s an older thread for some bedtime reading for you, hope it helps and enjoy your BF 👍🏻

• Like 1

I used to get 10 bearings for $1.  Then $2.  Now it's almost $3!     

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-MR115-2RS-Double-shielded-Miniature-Ball-Bearings-Deep-Groove-5x11x4mm/232370147932?hash=item361a57125c:g:1sEAAOSwTf9ZPk08

While the quality is inconsistent, they are quite usable for bashing.  The problem is delivery is inconsistent too. Especially now, because of the corona virus.  I ordered relatively rare 630 and 1060 bearings 4 weeks ago (from some other seller).  One set was shipped last week, one other set was shipped today.  I wonder if they have supply problems. Today's news said 780 million Chinese people are under travel restriction.  For whatever its worth, I hope they are doing okay.  

Hong Kong shops seem to be functioning fine.  But if you can't wait 2 weeks from Hong Kong, domestic suppliers would be your best bet. Even though they are 5-6 times more expensive, we are talking about $15 or so.