@JoeyE

TRF414 Chassis?

Anyone still have or race them? Have you upgraded anything to run brushless motors and lipo batteries?

I dont own a 414 but a T1FK05 from xray, I run on a 14year old car the 10,5 LRP motor and a 120A esc. Havent upgraded anything except the highest available pinion to calm the power (rev’s).

My idea was to order the rear gear diff from Spec-R and a spool in the front. Was comparing it to a TC6.1 and that is what most setups are on our racing TC cars. Rear gear diff front spool. For a short while I had a 4.5T mod motor in it.

Yep I have run brushless (9t) in the trf 414 no problems the belts hold up and so do the diffs. Just be careful of débris in the rear diff housing.  

I have yet to race it but I did prepped a race ready TRF414 with TB04 gear diffs, custom trf419 front/rear carbon damper stays (from fibre-lyte), TRF418 style front/rear arms, hubs, knuckles, DCJ on front, and etc. I just haven't had the time to try it out. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TenzoR said:

I have yet to race it but I did prepped a race ready TRF414 with TB04 gear diffs, custom trf419 front/rear carbon damper stays (from fibre-lyte), TRF418 style front/rear arms, hubs, knuckles, DCJ on front, and etc. I just haven't had the time to try it out. 

Can you share some pics please?

Sorry, I am mistaken, it's a TRF414M not the original TRF414. Sorry for the confusion. Here's a pic with my other TRF414M SSG project. All I am missing is a blue steering arms and matching steering post (and probably some other misc parts) then I can move the silver set over from the race car to the display chassis. 

IMG_20200215_171142667.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/15/2020 at 3:15 PM, TenzoR said:

Sorry, I am mistaken, it's a TRF414M not the original TRF414. Sorry for the confusion. Here's a pic with my other TRF414M SSG project. All I am missing is a blue steering arms and matching steering post (and probably some other misc parts) then I can move the silver set over from the race car to the display chassis. 

IMG_20200215_171142667.jpg

I see you said u are using tb04 gear diffs. What diff pully are u using and are u using spool for the front?

On 5/23/2021 at 12:42 AM, Martiniracing930 said:

I see you said u are using tb04 gear diffs. What diff pully are u using and are u using spool for the front?

I don't recall the pulley, but I'm fairly sure it's the original pulley. It's gear diff for both end. 

15 hours ago, TenzoR said:

I don't recall the pulley, but I'm fairly sure it's the original pulley. It's gear diff for both end. 

Any close up pics u can get of your diff and pulley setup?

Does this helps? Sorry but I have put away both TRF414 in storage and haven't been working on them. I did managed to buy a set of brand new steering arms and carbon bridge but still in silver :( One day ... 

PXL_20210703_024624696.jpg