Sign in to follow this  
Tudorp

Sorry if this doesn't belong..

But I didn't get any response in the Electrical area.  But,  I am back messing with this stuff after a decades long hiatus. And I am a bit confused. I am building a Sand Scorcher, and am going to use some vintage electronics for it. It is an 80s era Hi-Tec transmitter, receiver and steering servo. And I wired an old Futaba ESC with a comparable plug to plug it into the old receiver. Tested it all, and it is working. However, I just noticed this Futaba ESC does not have a Switch wire to plug into the on/off switch of the car. How do I wire in the on/off switch to turn this thing off without having to disconnect the battery every time? 

20200213_143819.jpg

My friends old Kyosho Lazer had the same ESC. I am guessing you can't unless you put a switch on one of the wires to the battery.

I was thinking that but it would have to be a pretty beefy switch due to the amperage available from the batteries. 

The switch in every ESC I've opened merely cuts the power supply to the RX via the servo lead. Think it's usually the ground (black/-Ve) lead that's switched.