My incomplete fleet of CR01s. Acquired the first in a Landcruiser body when it was first released. Fast forward to end of last year, for some unknown reason, started to acquire a fleet of these.

cr1_zpskji3ezvb.jpg

cr02_zpsyf0ndbsg.jpg

cr04_zps8zzylmia.jpg

cr03_zpstpqjpimp.jpg

cr5_zpseccrdj0s.jpg

Alloy chassis side plates are impossible to find. Had CF bits made. A bit narcissistic sorry.

cr2_zps37hequ0p.jpg

cr3_zpsapaiesqw.jpg

Found some 6x6 CR-01s on Youtube and decided to try. This is a prototype. FRP circuit board extensions will be replaced.

• Like 5

Never really liked the Rock Socker until I saw these pictures.  Looks like a nice set of trucks.  Your 6x6 prototype looks like it's off to a great start - please share more as you progress :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

Your 6x6 prototype looks like it's off to a great start - please share more as you progress

Have you got a body planned?

I will chop 2 Unimogs to make into 1. Will use UV light cured glue to make the joint and perhaps further reinforcement. Also ordered an unpainted TRX-6 Mercedes body but this requires wheel base extension by 35mm. Guess that will be for the next build with full carbon side plates instead of the rails.

• Like 1

gcr01_zps9eesqv0a.jpg

gcr04_zpsug0sypww.jpg

gcr03_zpsozcoo4rr.jpg

gcr02_zpswk2m6hoo.jpg

Built another chassis after the original was used for the 6 x 6 prototype.Gold aluminum color looks nice. Wheels only half done

I like your trucks and appreciate that someone else is giving the CR01 some love. This was the first crawler type truck I built, before clods and txts.and bruisers. The first time I drove it over a bed of 6-8 inch stones (rip-rap) I was amazed at how well it just wen

My BF bodied one is below just to share, though I don't want it to seem like I'm doing the Facebook group thing and just attaching images.

219486217_IMG_20181125_101041(1).thumb.jpg.8e96724c8231e8d53aa546f74a6a0ee5.jpg

• Like 2

cr22_zpsrpu3crrg.jpg

cr23_zps1pu7qxkq.jpg

cr24_zpsgaf9tsno.jpg

cr21_zpslrol6g4c.jpg

Swapped out the chrome body and mounted this one. This chassis is from the first release 8-10 years ago. Started life as a Landcruiser.

• Like 2

This has become a bit of a dress up doll syndrome. Need to stop ... after the next 3-4

• Haha 1

Are they all PS colours. If so can you help a colour blind male and name them in the order of the picture with all the bodies lined up. I was never a fan of these until I saw this thread. Ive always liked the body, same as the Bltzer? but youve taken them to a different level. The colour co ordinated wheels just finish it off. I almost fancy a CR01:ph34r:

PS cant wait to see a body on the 6 wheeler!!!

Edited by Busdriver

5 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I almost fancy a CR01

OMG geuss what is Tamico's offer of the week:blink:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Busdriver said:

OMG geuss what is Tamico's offer of the week:blink:

Not long left...

On 3/8/2020 at 5:18 AM, Busdriver said:

Are they all PS colours. If so can you help a colour blind male and name them in the order of the picture with all the bodies lined up. I was never a fan of these until I saw this thread. Ive always liked the body, same as the Bltzer? but youve taken them to a different level. The colour co ordinated wheels just finish it off. I almost fancy a CR01:ph34r:

PS cant wait to see a body on the 6 wheeler!!!

cr31_zpsngbeettd.jpg

1) PS16 Metallic blue

2) PS23 Gun Metal (box art color)

3) PS48 Metallic Silver

4) PS 49 Sky Blue anodised aluminium

5) PS19 Camel Yellow

6) PS52 champagn gold alumium

Wheels are mostly TS paints except the light blue which is a spray can bought locally.

I think Tamiya do use this body for something else but not sure what.

I am waiting to for my colleague to help me cut some CR01 C channels to size so that I can replace the FRP extensions. Then I can get accurate body mount holes to proceed with the body modification (fingers crossed on whether I have enough clumsy skill to pull this off).

I checked its the same body as the Stadium Blitzer. PS 16 and 19 are my particular favourites.I managed to resist the Tamico offer but there will be others:ph34r: