futureworks

Repairing a FS12-LT Engine (MRE TA01 Nitro Conversion Build Thread)

Wow, assuming that's the missing piece, what's the chance eh? Did it come with the longer bolts that would be needed, and most importantly will you sell it to me????

3 minutes ago, futureworks said:

Wow, assuming that's the missing piece, what's the chance eh? Did it come with the longer bolts that would be needed, and most importantly will you sell it to me????

Its the piece from the MCE kit, I never used it. I think it did have longer bolts but M3 replacements should be easy enough to size up. Yes I will sell it. Yours posted for the same amount you sent me previously for the screws etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Result! Held in place with match sticks at the moment and the muffler works best inverted as shown to create space underneath for the brake/throttle servo to be positioned with it's horn. Sizing it up, looks like I need to find some M3 x 55mm black hex head bolts to secure the muffler, though I'm only finding them in large quantities at the moment - more research needed. Anyway, at least having solved this issue (thanks again @acprc) I can now get on with stripping  down the chassis, checking parts and cleaning everything up. 

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, acprc said:

IMG-6458.jpg

I made one of these for a Mardave Zakspeed Capri / Thunder Tiger engine project some years back ;)

P2240007.JPG

• Like 2