futureworks

Repairing a FS12-LT Engine (MRE TA01 Nitro Conversion Build Thread)

Here's where it has got to this morning. I adjusted the positioning on the throttle arm on the carb so that it's as far back (towards the back of the car) as it can go before snagging on the engine/manifold when the throttle is fully open. Hence this gives me, as pictured the best position I can achieve with the throttle fully off. The only way to create any distance between throttle arm and throttle servo horn, it seems, is to orientate the latter in an offset manner - not visually appealing and an inelegant solution in my eyes, but that's where my thinking has got me to so far. (I wonder though if that leaves the braking action overly compromised). It leaves about 14 or 15mm between the connector holes on the throttle arm and servo horn (see yellow line on pic), so not much space, and the solution (as no space for putting in ball connectors and tie rods) will I think have to be a DIY metal rod between the two, a bit like those that are used on old MSCs. Happy to take soundings on all of the above if others have other ideas, suggestions etc.

IMG_5746.JPG

fullsizeoutput_72c.jpeg

How about this . If you extend the length of the servo horn throttle arm to more in line or just past the throttle arm you could possibly make up a small ball link rod  . As the servo horn moves it will move in an arc , so the link will need to accommodate this , so it should sweep from stand still at just past the line of the throttle arm to just before the line of the throttle arm at full throttle