Sign in to follow this  
Jontea

TRF201 spares. Help!

Anyone know where I can get hold of n parts (servo mounting type bits). Or does anybody have a shelf queen or loft dweller that they could let me have the parts off (to be returned) just to get some 3d printed. The parts I'm searching for are n7 and n8, 2 of each, the posts that attach the servo to the chassis. Alternatively, do parts (that are available) from another model fit the bill.

Part number is 19114075.

Help please!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Almost any tamiya or other servo posts will do. There's nothing particularly special about them. Maybe get some alloy parts? 

This

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Next up, servo arm, for said trf201, parts tree L, part 7, splined servo arm, linking servo to steering linkage ( the futaba/Tamiya one, 25t spline I think). Anyone got a spare one?

1 hour ago, Jontea said:

Next up, servo arm, for said trf201, parts tree L, part 7, splined servo arm, linking servo to steering linkage ( the futaba/Tamiya one, 25t spline I think). Anyone got a spare one?

Let me check for you tomorrow

10 hours ago, Jontea said:

You don't need the dedicated 201 part. Just buy an alloy servo arm and trim the length to suit clearances if required.

Cheers. Ordered a TRF one off eBay, unfortunately someone counted stock wrong, they have no futaba/Tamiya servo horns in stock, just sanwa, so they're gonna send me a suitable replacement.

Just had a reply, no alternative, but luckily Tony's Tamiya parts to the rescue.

Edited by Jontea
Update

Yeah, a bit thin on the ground.

I'd like to pick up a 201XM roller or job lot if I can. Either rare or people are hanging on to them.

3 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Yeah, a bit thin on the ground.

I'd like to pick up a 201XM roller or job lot if I can. Either rare or people are hanging on to them.

Do you want the XM as a collectors item or because you want to race a better car? If its the latter, find Cobra Racing Products on Facebook and they can make you an aluminium vhassis plate, motor mount and a few associated other parts. Then head to my Shapeways CTE RC store. I have 3 different mid motor gearbox conversion options which fit either tamiya or cobra chassis. If you already have a TRF201 then the 3 Gear Layback/Short Laydown uses all the internals from your gearbox and also has space for the TA06 gear diff if you want. There are also the standups you need to mount front canopy onto an aluminium deck. After that you need the shock tower from fibrelyte. All the instructions are on the product descriptions. Give me a shout if you are interested. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Do you want the XM as a collectors item or because you want to race a better car? If its the latter, find Cobra Racing Products on Facebook and they can make you an aluminium vhassis plate, motor mount and a few associated other parts. Then head to my Shapeways CTE RC store. I have 3 different mid motor gearbox conversion options which fit either tamiya or cobra chassis. If you already have a TRF201 then the 3 Gear Layback/Short Laydown uses all the internals from your gearbox and also has space for the TA06 gear diff if you want. There are also the standups you need to mount front canopy onto an aluminium deck. After that you need the shock tower from fibrelyte. All the instructions are on the product descriptions. Give me a shout if you are interested. 

Actually, I want to use one to source parts for a project car I'm making.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Actually, I want to use one to source parts for a project car I'm making.

Sounds interesting. Gonna keep my eyes open for parts, and as long as stupid money is wanted, try and build up a healthy stash.

• Like 1