Ebay's Manipulation Policy

So ... not sure if others have come across this yet, but Ebay have suspended my account because one listing included two manufacturers in the title. It is now only permitted to use one. I have quite often, if I'm selling a 'Novak' esc say, also included 'Tamiya' and other brands as I figure when searching this gives a greater chance of finding the item. The listings are clear and include photos so I dont think there is any 'manipulation'.

I have spoken to them but at the moment I'm thinking of quitting Ebay and selling elsewhere. 

Rant over ...

Thats madness, theres a billionty listings on ebay for a "tamiya / kyoshob/ associated" that turns out to be a generic rc car.

Have you been reported by someone or for something secific do you think? Previous disgruntled ebayer or similar?

• Like 1

Is this new? I recall seeing lots of listings over the years that include multiple brands in the title, including using “not” in front of it. E.g Losi XXXT - Not Tamiya, Schumacher, Associated, Kyosho.

4 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Thats madness, theres a billionty listings on ebay for a "tamiya / kyoshob/ associated" that turns out to be a generic rc car.

Have you been reported by someone or for something secific do you think? Previous disgruntled ebayer or similar?

No. They said it is a computer that picks out the listings and then someone confirms they breach the policy.

havent heard of that. but i have seen lots of people making listings with titles as Tamiya, not Kyosho, Yokomo, MST etc. i find that very annoying, because i have to go through a whole lot of extra listings which are not what i am searching for.  

• Like 2

I cant see how they can enforce this over every item (not just rc) and you not have been targetted specifically.

I just searched "tamiya kyosho" and there are thousands of items listed as both. Typically motors, servos connectors etc that fit multiple manufacturers.

That doesnt account for oem automotive parts of which parts fit lots of makes.

3 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

I cant see how they can enforce this over every item (not just rc) and you not have been targetted specifically.

I just searched "tamiya kyosho" and there are thousands of items listed as both. Typically motors, servos connectors etc that fit multiple manufacturers.

That doesnt account for oem automotive parts of which parts fit lots of makes.

I agree. At the time they took down the listing that broke the policy, I had two other listings that also broke the policy, but they said nothing. 

Suspending an account because of a simple "double manufacturer in description" issue?   No warnings first?  This does not make sense.   What were the two manufacturer names?

1 minute ago, Champ85 said:

Suspending an account because of a simple "double manufacturer in description" issue?   No warnings first?  This does not make sense.   What were the two manufacturer names?

I had Tamiya, Schumacher and Kyosho. Turns out that if I had put 'fits' and then listed other manufacturers that would be ok.

I’m sure this has been a thing for some time 

sure it says when you list 

I think it’s a good idea - hate those ads that say “not tamiya” as I don’t want not tamiya results 

seems overkill to suspend your account for it though

you sure the suspension isn’t spam and just bad timing?

JJ

And this weekend Ebay have a Max £1 selling fee offer so time to unload your unwanted stuff!

I will pay attention how I lost anything in future thanks for the heads up.

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

And this weekend Ebay have a Max £1 selling fee offer so time to unload your unwanted stuff!

I've got over 30 items to list.....😬

Keyword spamming has been a rule on Ebay for many years. Its just how often they enforce it. Listings that say things like "Acme RC Car like Tamiya" or "Kyosho Air Filter could be used on Tamiya" are against the Ebay rules and have been as long as I can remember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I've got over 30 items to list.....😬

One photo and one line descriptions per item should do it 😜

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

One photo and one line descriptions per item should do it 😜

Or sell all the tamiya MSC's as a job lot....🙄😂

• Haha 1

Good , I hate it . When i look for stuff , I want to buy . You have to go through alot of crapppp to even find what you 

want . Theres alot of stuff that has nothing to do with what you are looking for . I have stopped looing for stuff , 

For this reason . Even google is the same , you look for somthing and you can't find it , with all the crapppp that it

comes up with . NOT related at all . As it comes under title , but has nothing to do with what your looking for .

They need to clean it up . Tamiya blackfoot for sale <<< simple . Not the BS people use . 

Keep it simple . 

• Like 1

At least with google you can use “ “ each side to search exact phrases or use minimal words to reduce the number of returns 

JJ

• Like 1