Sign in to follow this  
Pablo68

MC230cr calibrating

Anyone in here know how to calibrate these things.
Yes I have looked at the instructions/guide. It doesn't seem to want to change it's settings.

I quite like these old esc's and would like to use it sometime. For now I'll have to use a different one I guess.

5 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Anyone in here know how to calibrate these things.
Yes I have looked at the instructions/guide. It doesn't seem to want to change it's settings.

What radio are you trying to pair it to? How old? :) 

If it's non-Futaba &/or really old... the travel range of your radio may exceed what signal the ESC is expecting, it'll exit the programming mode. Try reducing the throw by dialling down EPA to maybe 70-80% or if it doesn't have EPA add stops to mechanically reduce throw of lever. 

Sometimes it's worth flipping the servo reverse to ch2 & retry programming. 

Knack is handy for 230, 330 etc and any radio older than RJ112JE era. 

2 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

What radio are you trying to pair it to? How old? :) 

If it's non-Futaba &/or really old... the travel range of your radio may exceed what signal the ESC is expecting, it'll exit the programming mode. Try reducing the throw by dialling down EPA to maybe 70-80% or if it doesn't have EPA add stops to mechanically reduce throw of lever. 

Sometimes it's worth flipping the servo reverse to ch2 & retry programming. 

Knack is handy for 230, 330 etc and any radio older than RJ112JE era. 

Actually, pairing it to something fairly recent, my Spektrum DX4r, which is quite a nice radio really.

10 minutes ago, Pablo68 said:

Actually, pairing it to something fairly recent, my Spektrum DX4r, which is quite a nice radio really.

Spektrum are one of those that make EPA settings confusing :) they seem to allocate some arbitrary "100%" but then you can increase it to like 200% (= full throw of servo by old skool standards).

In which case, your radio @100% might not be giving enough throw for the ESC to detect as maximum during programming :P try increase it to 140%

Dunno about DSMR but don't forget about failsafe programming too. I like to reset the DSM1/2 Spektrum's RX failsafe to 'neutral' before programming. One less thing to worry about that could muck up.

• Like 1