Sign in to follow this  
Superluminal

Plastic bushes

My bitz bocks is groaning under the weight of about 200,000 plastic bushes since my current RCs (and any future) have all been upgraded to proper bearings. Im never going to use them on a kit so has anyone else come up with a creative or practical use for them before I drive them down to the coast and throw em in the sea?

• Like 1

Ooooh possibly, yeah! Anything else that could make them more hipster so i can sell them to the cool kids for coin? 

• Haha 1

Another good suggestion. Turnbuckle Spacers!!!! For precision adjustment in increments of 5mm (no more, no less)

The cacky spanner never works anyway so who cares with Turnbuckle Spacers.

Resized_20200215_191306_6695.jpeg

• Haha 2

I actually did use some a few years ago for another purpose... we put in a mosaic tile back-splash in our kitchen, and the electrical outlets/switches needed to be spaced out to sit even with the face of the tile. Three Tamiya plastic bushings and an extra-long screw per screw location made it a perfect fit. :)

• Like 1

I've been wanting to start this exact thread for a couple years now. I'll be watching this one.

The necklace idea would be great for Mardi Gras :D

Tamiya should be forced to take them back and recycle them themselves. Maybe they would stop supplying them then! 

As already said, use them as spacers.

Schools also like receiving them for craft projects.

9 hours ago, Juls1 said:

Tamiya should be forced to take them back and recycle them themselves. Maybe they would stop supplying them then! 

This is a good point. I found something online the other day where a hobby shop wouldnt ship escs, recievers batteries etc etc to Ireland. I dont know what the exact legislation was but it was something to do with the seller or manufacturer of electrical items maintaining responsibility for the products disposal at the end of its life.

If the gubment really wanted to tackle plastic waste then can you imagine how quickly manufacturers would change their tune if they were lumbered with the cost of safe disposal of their waste plastics. I really hate with a passion the disposable plastics in food packaging - especially polythene which cant be recycled anyway (posted about this before on my Bruiser build which had over 50 separate polythene bags :angry:)

They saved the day in the installation of the baby gate at the top of my stairs. Victorian funny-shaped staircases made child-gate friendly thanks to Tamiya Spacers (otherwise know as plastic bearings... 🤔

Shim

• Like 5