Curious. I been running Tamiya for 36+ years, and also ran a Graupner/Kyoso gas 1:8 scale back in the 80s also. However, I do not hear many of the other brand RC cars that are 0ver 30 years old, and still running. Are there any of the other brands that have 30+ year old cars still running strong? Or is Tamiya alone or at least the most popular vintage?

They could last. There are people who are restoring Nikko cars, etc.  

It's just that they are endangered species while Tamiya cars are like dandelions.  You break a Grasshopper, another one springs up in its place (after spraying some money).  

Tamiya has the most success in re-releases too.  Their net was so wide from the start, the number of returning salmons are greater than others.  

A lot of the early Mardave stuff from the 1970s is still around. I had a couple of Lectricar kits that were still running too, but have since sold them. Its the simplicity of them that makes them easy to run and maintain.

J

• Like 1

Sure, plenty. The RC10 comes to mind; it's built like a tank. All aluminum and nylon (not ABS) and very long-wearing.

Most of the early 1/10 and 1/12 pan cars are just about indestructible too, especially Associated, Bolink, and Parma. Again, super-long-wearing materials, and simple designs.

Kyosho is hit-or-miss; the mostly-metal cars are very durable, but the plastic monster trucks always seem to have something broken. But the Pegasus/Icarus is all plastic, and it's nearly invincible, as is the Raider.

• Like 2

Don t Forget schumacher ! I m restoring them and they re re releases are fantastic

• Like 1

Still running my Mid hard (every week atm), Ultima gets run hard.

Schumacher's seem to last (sold the Procat) and still very capable buggies.

4 hours ago, junkmunki said:

A lot of the early Mardave stuff from the 1970s is still around.

Forgot about Mardave! 

They're still making the , Mini stock, that must be 40yrs now?

It’s worth remembering that Traxxas are 30 yrs old ...

And every marque has its glass cannons vs road warriors 

So a list of runners in terms of surviving cars would be huge - and include all of the above plus solid examples from Marui, Otaki, Futaba ... and many others 

All of whom eventually gave up or did something different - I think Marui now make air rifles ? 

If runners means companies surviving 30+ years in r/c car production the list narrows considerably - esp if confined to bulk market / electric ?

As an opener there, I’d bid Tamiya, Kyosho, Associated, Schumacher and Traxxas ?