ACCEL

C7 Valkyrie Vette

The intro sounds of Y&T's Black Tiger, the Drum Cage of RUSH"s Neil Pert,  Cape Canaveral  launch's of NASA's rockets, the Pacific Ocean crashing on the cliffs, all these things i have witnessed first hand, in person and nothing is more powerful than these elements of earth................

This is a first for me and shall leave an impression as what's  happened up above.

This Is The Dragster C7 Chevrolet Valkyrie Vette,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In the beginning the world was void of light and sound and now we get to do this.

• Like 1

and to think it all started in the 70's When Cars were Real! (and earlier)

goTffl6.jpg

this was when i was still chewing on my Hot Wheels:lol:

I can not believe, but i do, that i still  have so many neat things from my childhood, i'm truly blessed.

well that was a very short history lesson hadm' since i was seven.

• Like 3

36 hrs studying, two and half weeks purchasing, another few hours of re-writing log entries for specs, parts ect... two esc's three motors, two trani's (and a bunch of parts still on their way) that this car is using to fly to Valhalla 

Ella is Tee'd off! It's her nemesis.

http://home.castlecreations.com/blog/2018/8/2/the-paths-to-speed-series-i

OKYHhJ4.jpg

ZvxK6OV.jpg

QlIAmKZ.jpg

• Like 3

Are you ready? , my green light came on and i'm gone!

Mongoose & Snake

T1p6erW.jpg

LIl' fast feller's

9sVffFX.jpg

• Like 1

The fun has just now started,

Wholly Mackerel! what is really going on?

answers are down the street and around the corner.

nWGMk8y.jpg

3 hours ago, ACCEL said:

Wholly Mackerel! what is really going on?

Literally no idea!

I dont recognise any of those parts - is the chassis the rectangular box under the nose of the shell?

But looks like its going to be epic.

• Thanks 1

one of my sickest favorite stickers of all time is Strange axles.(that Vette's Rad Busdriver)

soon as my HM Cobra's axles need replacing i'll purchase Strange Engineering Axles when that need arises.

truthfully 1952, 65 &69's are my favorite Vettes, have models of the 62 , got to drive a 65 and a friend has a 69, still pop's 70 MACH 1 has to be my fondest memory of a great muscle car that said 72 Cuda to me is the toughest looking, gramps had a 69 Road Runner i always liked, heck i miss moms 82 Honda civic:lol: that lil' car moved, bet i could of lost them all in city driving.

Juice from Odin..............................................................

plgKCEw.jpg

added Titanium screws, this build i'm just going to lightn' it up, could always add weights later.

3q04fxP.jpg

the original chassis weighs 9.4 oz.  this aluminum chassis before changing the HSS screws 9.6 oz. and a point less after screw change. the four outer screws i haven't changed for they may or may not be used at all for the side rail protectors.

ITsXWla.jpg

just seeing if the Monster X 1/8th will fit for the other motor, the Mamba X 1/10 is smaller and fits under the bulk head,  a HW XR8 Plus is on its way,  three Esc's for each motor 

they're all 2S-6S, i'm looking into eights now, it'll be a ladder trial, one step at a time, things will get HOT!

On 2/21/2020 at 10:58 PM, ACCEL said:

Juice from Odin..............................................................

plgKCEw.jpg

Keep an eye on your graphene pack; @Juls1 mentions having some problems with them here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dang Speedy trying to worry me to death:lol:

i searched on this particular battery before i purchased and even others and there's no negative on this product, that said i'd contact them but how would be getting a straight answer? well Trinity's been at this game for a very long time with all these  marketing and sales and money it's hard to keep them all honest, well i'll just wait and see, have a Fantom on back order no where they mention graphene on theirs. Thanx for the heads up. What a Pal👍

never know could get a new hair style out of the deal😒..........................................not really funny, fire is a serious animal, been in, around and fought a few it's No Game!

With the graphene packs, be very wary of buying them if they are on special or seem to be extra good value. That being said all my graphene packs 1 cell would just give up altogether in the first 5-15 charges, I’m talking just one cell is suddenly 0v. I never noticed massive swelling like you get with regular lipo’s. They did get a bit squishy but I didn’t think it was unreasonably. 

I dismantled several of them thinking maybe they had become disconnected but that wasn’t the case. The cell just gave up altogether.

2 hours ago, Juls1 said:

With the graphene packs, be very wary of buying them if they are on special or seem to be extra good value. That being said all my graphene packs 1 cell would just give up altogether in the first 5-15 charges, I’m talking just one cell is suddenly 0v. I never noticed massive swelling like you get with regular lipo’s. They did get a bit squishy but I didn’t think it was unreasonably. 

I dismantled several of them thinking maybe they had become disconnected but that wasn’t the case. The cell just gave up altogether.

what brand were they?,  i'm very curious

They where Hyperion. 

I’ve not tried the turnigy ones, but they look to be identical so it would not surprise me if they where the same manufacturers item. In this day and age brand name doesn’t seem to mean much cause few of the major brands make their own electronics.

• Thanks 1

Hyperion? i have quite a few of their G's, very interesting, and Turnigy's are supposed to be good, i've owned quite a few brands, and my Dynamites have out lasted all of them of the past batteries i have had through out. i'll never purchase Venom's again and Hyperion's have been good, Reedy's have all performed well. Dinogy's are great for my boats, even some Traxxas are very good,

had a couple others that wouldn't hold charge for any length of time, some packs i've had for years i mind them well.

thanx for the reply.

What the heck! Speedy and that Juls1 taken up my build site with all this battery talk Poppy ****!:lol: or Horse Patootie

seriously i've been contemplating on some solar panels and some deep cell marine batts for my hobby stuff, not the whole house yet, it'll get even better later i'm sure.

• Like 1

One input shaft pin is holding this up.

i 've gotten this far as of this weekend, and actually had to jump into three other builds just because of a few parts for each are not here yet.

Diff Gear..............filled with #30,000K Mugen Seiki (not oil, not fluid, but GOO!)

Nan5poM.jpg

8nFUThm.jpg

66aoM9b.jpg

Lundsford Tit. turnbuckles and the Xtreme Racing CF Drag shock tower, RPM (Bandit) arms and caster blocks, STRC hinge pin brace, front, bulkhead, SS screws, nuts, washers, and Yeah Racing Tit. screws.

front/rear 65mm yeah racing shocks (AE fluid 47.5 rears and 60 fronts)also can use just turnbuckels and or  i can use the stock hieght shock towers and the GTR 7461X shocks.

i'm also waiting for the damper fluid.

i so want to paint this machines body and i won't (oh i could) but i'll wait until the chassis is complete. 

• Like 2

Now onto the Underworld,

The Transmission...............................................................................................................................................

ar9jAzm.jpg

All Hardened Gearing, Six Ceramic Bearings and EMS Super Grease, for All Out ACCELeration!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldSchoolRC1 said:

Awesome build. I love the "building it from all aftermarket parts" approach. 

There was no other way.

Xtreme Racing Traxxas Rustler/Slash Carbon Fiber Drag ChassisXtreme Racing Traxxas Rustler/Slash Carbon Fiber Drag ChassisThis came out after i purchased the aluminum Integy chassis, i believe CF is better since it can't stay bent.;)

there's some other tough looking bodies that came out recently, so maybe i'll have to do one more with the mentioned chassis above.

WARNING: This was not a cost effective build, fun as as all get out learning and ordering in the process, PITA at times. and just last night had to order just two more part products, hinge arm pins and a front bottom cowl bumper.

• Like 1