Sign in to follow this  
TDanny

Clod Buster Black or Juggernaut 2

Hi Guys,

I've never started such a topic before but now I'm a bit uncertain.

I want to buy a Tamiya monster truck. The new Clod Buster Black edition has already arrived in my LHS but now I have the chance to buy back a nice Juggernaut 2 which I restored some years ago. It is still in nice restored condition.

I've owned a Super Clod before but I never got the chance to run it. It was only a shelf queen than I sold it so I don't have any running experience with it.

Now my problem is that I would like to use the truck as a runner and also the kids in the family will use it sometimes...with adult supervision off course :)

My question would be for those who own and run both truck that which would be a better all around backyard runner?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

My first true monster truck was a super clod and I really enjoyed building and running it. I don't think that a good monster can be beaten for general backyard running. Can't go wrong with either really. The only negative is the gateway drug aspect. At present I have 3 Clods 2 TXT2s  an SMT and a pair of black editions for a rainy day. 

With prices where they are now, a clod makes for a really good deal as well. Juggs are seemingly rare. You really have a tough  choice.

If you get a black, I would suggest getting some runner wheels as the black chrome wheels are not available seperately

For the parts availability and aftermarket support, I'd have to say Clod. I'd not want to bash an old flame like the Jug, were it me. But a new Clod: release the hounds

• Haha 1

I know that the Juggy is far more collectible and maybe looks a slightly better but there is something about this new Clod...

In 1994 I was 10 years old and we visited the states with my father. I remeber we went to Toys'R'Us and my father bought me a cable control toy monster which looked exactly like this Clod black edition... it was the coolest thing for me back than. 

Thank you for the help guys, I think I'll go for the Clod this time... :)