Sign in to follow this  
Gazzalene

Pinion pitch question

Ordered 4 pinions of various teeth count for a XV-01. When they come in the post they are different brands. The thing is 2 say 48DP and the other .6

I ordered all 48dp but the teeth do look to be the same. Do I need to return the .6 ones?  Are the TT-01 and TT-02 the same as the XV-01?

I have a beetle Blitzer and the pinion on that is very different, very coarse. 

Actually , how many modus  (?)  do Tamiya use,the manuals only give teeth count.

They are different. It's the pitch of the teeth. 0.6 module is metric, roughly the number of teeth is 0.6 x diameter of the gear. The course pitch in your blitzer is 0.8 module, another metric size. Tamiya generally prefer metric. 48dp is an imperial size related to inches but i don't know how. It won't fit your xv01 un ess you change the spur gear to a matching 48dp tooth profile. So, you can use the 0.6 m d pinions on your xv01. Don't use the 48dp pinions with the stock spur gear. 

So the 48dp need to be sent back!!   So the XV-01 is 0.6 ,are the TT-01/02 also 0.6?

8 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

So the 48dp need to be sent back!!   So the XV-01 is 0.6 ,are the TT-01/02 also 0.6?

The TT02 is definitely .6 and I'd expect the TT01 to be as well since every Tamiya I've had are mod gears, either .4, .6 or .8

I’ve got a slipper clutch and it has a 48 pitch with 77 tooth spur gear. The Robinson racing gear I had been using with stock spur wasn’t working too well. I’ve just ordered a 48 pitch 32 tooth pinion. I must be on the right path.