novicelad

The HGP407 Tamiya Bruiser copy is cheap again

1 minute ago, Grumpy pants said:

Delivered included in the price as well 😳

Yeah trouble is from China but such a good deal

its been that price for ages, I've had my eyes on them for a while waiting for a price reduction to less than $300NZ, every time they do its out of stock tho, cheeky gits.

• Like 1

Has anyone gone ahead and ordered this? 

If you change the Shipping to ES (which I assume is SPAIN) you get 3-5 day lead time 

Unless its different for you gents across the pond, is the same as always here,  right around that $200 mark.  I dont see it dropping any lower either.  If I see it lower,  say around the $150 mark, then I might grab one.

23 hours ago, novicelad said:

Has anyone gone ahead and ordered this? 

If you change the Shipping to ES (which I assume is SPAIN) you get 3-5 day lead time 

According to the link you can opt for EU priority line for a 7-15 business day delivery for 35p extra.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:55 PM, Grumpy pants said:

Customs charges as well I’d think for us in the UK. 

Still looks pretty decent value for money.

Usually they get around that by shipping it via Europe or having stock in Europe. The courier who then transports it from EU to UK just treats it as a European delivery. 

I've never paid customs for anything from Banggood or Gearbest. Usually any delivery option that mentions Europe or EU or priority line is safe. Touch wood.

• Like 1

It was always "cheap." It just costs less money now.

I know some folks have them and love them, but there is no way I'd touch one of these things. And it's not because of the blatant ripoff of not one but two Japanese companies (Tamiya and Toyota), but because I'm sick of poorly-made Chinese junk that we're supposed to jump at because it's a "bargain." Maybe it's because I broke yet another Harbor Freight tool yesterday, but I long for the days (not too many years ago) when craftsmanship and pride in a job well done applied to even mundane household items. That's gone now, or going away, and the side effect is that something special like a Bruiser is now reduced to yet another cheap slap-dash commodity item, packed by the score into container ships alongside flat-screen TVs and sweatshop coture. (Thank goodness you can still get a real Bruiser, at least.)

The worst thing about stuff like this is that it really is tempting. But it's also almost always disappointing. And when it does disappoint you, you feel cheated, and there is no worse way to feel towards an object. If you spend too much on something and love it and feel like it was "worth it," you're always better off than spending less (but still a significant amount) and end up feeling like you got nothing out of it. As Baltasar Gracian once wrote: "Better to be cheated by the price than by the merchandise."

But I guess, if you're OK with that, and you really like these things, then more power to you. You say "Toyato," I say "junk"...