Raman36

Subaru Brat 4X4 / Crawler Project

I built my MST CMX chassis today.  Impressive build. Pretty darn good quality on carbon infused plastic! Manual had couple of vague areas where visual graphics Descriptions were a bit odd. 

Need to source my magnetic mounts now! Then get busy painting the Brat. Will probably opt for gold ole Box Art Red

• Like 2

looking forward to your finished car

you can never have enough MSTs and BRATs.....:)

brats1.thumb.jpg.48a977dafc1cfdabae4e5cc02f51246b.jpg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Which Mag mounts did you use? 

I think they are generic chinese mag mounts, distributed here by Absima, #2440040. They have a tiltable joint so they can be adjusted to follow the body shape.

Alright, we are finally done!!! 😉

We have MST CMX chassis, paired with Subaru Brat Chassis. Using magnetic disks mounts for body.. RC4WD deep dish wagon wheels on sand blaster 915 tyres. Shocks are Tamiya TRF dampers for CC01 with CMX springs.

Wasn’t easy, almost threw in the towel many time... but in the end, what project is easy.. 

Body became the biggest pain because I tried to be cute and paint the black trim And Bed first and then use liquid mask to cover it. Well liquid mask doesn’t like Tamiya TS paint... 😂

The trim was easy to fix but the bed is fubar. I’m thinking of some sort of inlay for the bed.. open to suggestions. Overall happy with it..

Driver dude is at the hairdressers at present and  should be in car soon.. 

FE0CC0FF-1E2E-4D80-9E1C-E6E7623A9085.jpeg

• Like 6

Father and son front yard scaling.  Subaru brat belongs to father.. son has RC4WD D90 :D

IMG_7173.JPG

• Like 3

I don't know why its posting -90º.. ?? not sure how to turn it on here

Great project. Makes me want a Brat!
Did those sand blaster tires fit easily onto the RC4WD wheels? And are they 1.9 wherls? The combo looks awesome.

1 minute ago, njmlondon said:

Great project. Makes me want a Brat!
Did those sand blaster tires fit easily onto the RC4WD wheels? And are they 1.9 wherls? The combo looks awesome.

They didn't fit very easily.  The Sand Blaster have an inner lip that makes it hard to fit the RC4WD rims. (They're Stamped 1.55 wagon)  The front piece of the wagon wheel has a convex / slope and it fits with some lube / grease ( I used vaseline)  The rear however is more square in shape and would not move past the lip.  So I ended up removing the lip on one side of the Sand Blaster with scissors.  

3 out of 4 tyres bead ended up seating perfectly.. 1 would not seat well no matter what I tried.. oh well!! :)

• Like 1