Seanster43

Any Ideas On This Part

Hello, I have unfortunately stripped the hex head on the alloy front c hub on my racing fighter, it wasn’t great to begin with 🙄. I can remove the screw but just wondering if there’s a better part or anyone has knowledge of a screw that would fit this part specifically.  The part I need is on the picture. I appreciate its a step screw but would like to know the specific part/part number if possible have emailed GPM with no joy.

Cheers

Sean 

07575091-5538-4E58-A8FF-483D06C2811A.jpeg

@Seanster43 You could always drill out the thread on the C-Hub to 3mm and put a (54395) 3x22mm suspension shaft through... you'll need a 1.5mm shim/spacer either end under the e-ring circlip.

Or, I've got a couple of spare step screws, from same part, I could put in the post to you...?

Edited by martinjpayne
  • Like 2

If you can't get one from the source, you could try a machine screw supplier and I believe there are tones in the UK so you should be able to try a few. Get out a pair of vernier callipers and measure off the diameters and lengths and then give the shop a call. See if they can find something suitable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

@Seanster43 You could always drill out the thread on the C-Hub to 3mm and put a (54395) 3x22mm suspension shaft through... 

or a shock shaft

• Like 1

6 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

@Seanster43 You could always drill out the thread on the C-Hub to 3mm and put a (54395) 3x22mm suspension shaft through... you'll need a 1.5mm shim/spacer either end under the e-ring circlip.

Or, I've got a couple of spare step screws, from same part, I could put in the post to you...?

This is exactly what i did, although i used 25.3 shafts i had spare and put washers on them. 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/82220-grasshopper-dt03-adventures-in-getting-back-into-rc-now-with-proline-truck-shell/&do=findComment&comment=664156

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies appreciate the input.  Got a few options it seems. Will prob go with the originals for now if this problem occurs will do what you have suggested with the drilling out and adapting the shaft. Honestly thanks again guys for the replies we’re all a decent bunch on this forum 👍🏻👍🏻