Badcrumble

Hot Wheels Tesla Cybertruck

Pre-order, available eventually, probably. Just like the real thing!

• Sad 1

I like Tesla cars, but that truck is one ugly machine. Hot Wheels should have teamed up with someone else.

• Sad 1

GET THAT TRUCK OFF MY PLANET!

in case you can not read what's said above i repeat...............................

GET THAT TRUCK OFF MY PLANET!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

The craziest part is that the pre-order sold out! People are jumping to pay $400 for that POS. I'm going to grab some Styrene plastic sheets to start making bodies to sell for way to much to suckers :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the truck but I'll reserve judgement on the RC version. The fact that it has a wltoys remote makes the $400 price tag eye brow raising.

gH8374j.jpg

• Sad 2

Can you say Johnny Cab? from the movie Total Recall................

now that's beautiful.................................................................................................:lol:..............................NOT!Image result for johnny cab total recall

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tesla probably won’t make any money if they make the real cybertruck (if they are allowed it’ll never pass any pedestrian safety standards, and probably no crash standards) but they certainly are going to make a few dollars out of the WLtoys $39 rc car sold for $400. 

Isn’t that how they normally do it though? 

have to watch out though, if you don’t take it back to where you bought it for repairs or put aftermarket parts on it, they’ll remotely stop you from recharging it.. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

Probably like everything else that idiot Elon "promises'.  Kick the can down the road,  don't do it,  make another nonsensical quote for the indoctrination news outlets,  have people go full retard over him,  make another promise....

About the only thing he might be good at is programming.  That's how he made his money,  having an 11% stake in PayPal when it went public.  He was a good programmer for them however.  Then he BOUGHT Tesla.  Elon Musk did NOT start Tesla.  Everybody knows that right?

Sorry,  I will stop.  I don't care for the guy,  in case you didn't get the picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think you have to put a commercial vehicle through those tests 

hence why no truck would pass - ever 

ladder frame chassis etc 

JJ

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kwkenuf said:

Probably like everything else that idiot Elon "promises'.  Kick the can down the road,  don't do it,  make another nonsensical quote for the indoctrination news outlets,  have people go full retard over him,  make another promise....

About the only thing he might be good at is programming.  That's how he made his money,  having an 11% stake in PayPal when it went public.  He was a good programmer for them however.  Then he BOUGHT Tesla.  Elon Musk did NOT start Tesla.  Everybody knows that right?

Sorry,  I will stop.  I don't care for the guy,  in case you didn't get the picture.

Haha - I don’t think he’s ever said he’s an engineer and rocket scientist.

Anyone can start a Company and “finance” it but until the huge investment from musk and push for venture capitalist investment Tesla wasn’t building anything.

his investment has enabled the widespread EV take up worldwide - most a sociological take up rather than a technological one. (While idiotic motoring journalists continued to spread negative info)

so Tesla motors and space x are hardly “kicking the can down the road”

he’s still an idiot but you have to admit he’s pushed the acceleration in 2 technology sectors through his selfless investments

JJ

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kwkenuf said:

Henry Ford didn't invent the motor vehicle, but he sure did revolutionise how they were built and their subsequent popularity.

Like Henry Ford (and most successful industrialists) Elon Musk may have some personality flaws, but so far he's delivered on his promises - Tesla Roadster, then the S, X, 3, there is no reason to believe that he won't deliver the new Roadster next year, or the Electric Semi-Trucks, or the divisive CyberTruck.

He has created a business that invests in space travel, that has delivered rockets that land themselves. 

I think a little eccentricity from the man is probably allowed...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Problemchild said:

I don’t think you have to put a commercial vehicle through those tests 

hence why no truck would pass - ever 

ladder frame chassis etc 

JJ

While that may be the case in the US, it isn’t in the majority of the rest of the world. Given how many trucks Americans buy, it might still be a mild success. I can’t imagine any sane person shelling out for that when there will be more conventional looking/operating trucks available probably before the cyber truck is ready. The cybertruck is the best Tesla could come up with to compete with the rivian and the F150 Electric... seriously? Personally I think the cybertruck is just a publicity stunt, and it’s working because we are talking about it. It’s just part of the process of  ensuring Tesla is making the loudest marketing racket in the current EV environment. It’s all going to change in the not too distant future as the other auto manufacturers eventually catch up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i like this better, put a pipe/lumber rack on it and i'll purchase it. with traffic that's been  the real work for years, the Bay Area DMV hands you a box of Cracker Jacks and the little prize they receive is a driving licence, it's quite remarkable.

this would help and i could work longer and get more done, 

i remember reading at the local library about 7th grade a Popular Mechanics magazine where we were supposed to be flying over daily traffic in the 90's with VTOL's .

So you are saying Tesla are better at marketing than ford?

i think the Tesla truck is ugly but that’s not what I was responding to.

americans who buy trucks can barely even be tempted to use the more economical diesel trucks let alone electric 

if Tesla’s one success is only to have pushed ford into producing an EV truck and selling it to rednecks then I’ll see that as a success 👍🏻

thata what I mean about Tesla accelerating the tech 

do we think there would be this huge drive for ev cars if Tesla hadn’t forced the hand of the motor industry?

JJ

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

So you are saying Tesla are better at marketing than ford?

i think the Tesla truck is ugly but that’s not what I was responding to.

americans who buy trucks can barely even be tempted to use the more economical diesel trucks let alone electric 

if Tesla’s one success is only to have pushed ford into producing an EV truck and selling it to rednecks then I’ll see that as a success 👍🏻

thata what I mean about Tesla accelerating the tech 

do we think there would be this huge drive for ev cars if Tesla hadn’t forced the hand of the motor industry?

JJ

Huh? I said Elon Musk, like Henry Ford almost 100 years before him, revolutionised motor vehicle production and the way the car is viewed and powered. I said nothing about marketing.

I completely agree that dragging the Fords and GMs (and the larger German automakers) into producing EVs is a good thing, but to say that's Tesla's "one success" is incredibly unfair.

Anyway, I'm moving on from this - RC forums are for discussing toy cars, not 1:1 cars!

Personally I like the Cybertruck, if only because my styrene scratch building skills have not yet progressed beyond the flat surfaces and angles level, and now instead of being stuck making military vehicles and secure cash in transit rigs, I can now use the same skill set to build a modern electric pickup! 😁

• Haha 2

the Gremlin and the Pacer now there is beauty you don't see often any more.:o

I actually like the CyberTruck. No, I won't be buying one. I really have no need for a truck even though I already have one (Land Rover Perentie) which I don't use much. I am constantly impressed how Tesla doesn't bother with the fiction of 'Concept Cars' that look awesome but never go to production or barely have any influence on actual production designs. Tesla's idea of a concept is basically the production look. He will probably have to modify it somewhat to get it past safety standards but good on them for pushing the boundaries and getting out of the conventional hum-drum of car design we have seen in the last 30 years. Tesla has certainly pushed stick-in-the-mud car makers to start producing EVs, not just compliance cars. Producing the CyberTruck may also push automakers to start being creative again.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

let me get this straight this truck looks just like the Johnny Cab, it even has a similarity of the Chariot in lost in space i know of other shows and movies this guy got his ideas from and it's the most ridiculous disturbing vehicle i've ever laid eyes on and it Hurts! (it's fun too see things like this in a movie) and LAUGH and say now that's different. there has been many neat futuristic vehicles in many sci-fi movies i like and this Pesla is not one of them.

ever since the mid eighties and  on all these cars started to look alike, the only new vehicles that have their own identity are trucks and that ain't no truck.

you actually want your cars looking like something out of the movie Sleeper?  HA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1