KalEl63

Next Project

The front one way basically makes the front diff a locker under drive load but totally disengage when your off throttle or on brakes. 

to give a better idea of what happens, with a normal front diff, you put the brakes on and all 4 wheels slow the car down, 

with a front one way diff, your 4 wheel brakes are completely broken and disabled!! The only way you can stop it is with your hand brake thats only on the back wheels. 

so if your driving in very very tight tracks at relatively low speeds the one way is a idea. I want to point out though that this is far more useful on a tradition rear weight bias chassis and far less useful on the XV01 which already is very easy to rotate due to the front weight bias. 

ive not managed to break the plastic gears, I would use them first, if you bust them, then upgrade it. If or not they fail will depend hugely on what motor you run, where you drive, how you drive. Slipper clutch may go a ways towards saving them, I’m on the fence about really needing the slipper though, I’ve got it, probably just added more up front weight.. lol

• Like 1

Awesome I’ll just stick with the plastic ones

i think I’ll still get the slippeR

1 hour ago, mtbkym01 said:

3 and 33 for the win mate 👍🏻👍🏻

That’s it my friend 

actually could any TC member do me and @mtbkym01 a favor and measure the white number plate on the do and the number size?

what servos are people running in theirs?

• Like 1

@Juls1 I now have a kit and a heap of parts on the way 

I’m just wondering what front and rear diff oils, shock oils etc would you recommend 

ive got the a TRF springs coming and sway bars too

I use the stock diff oil, havnt really messed too much with that. No idea what oils I’m using in the shocks, I have most weights in stock so I would have just figured it out as I went, I think I ended up heavier up front though because the front springs need to be quite heavy. 

• Like 1

Cheers... I’ll start with that with the diffs

maybe 32.5 up front and 27.5 rear

what TRF spring colours are you running?

Well this project took a major hit today with the eBay shop canceling my purchase due to “no stock” And I lost my job today due to this virus 😢

• Sad 3

Yeah stood down without pay is what I should have said... it’s all in the words

hopefully it’s not too long but who knows