Sign in to follow this  
ArmourAviatrix

FS: Tamiya 1/16 Scale King Tiger Full Option with lots of Upgrades and Extras

I realise this isn't a great first post, but I don't have much to contribute to the forums as a regular poster, other than a years subscription as I thought it would be the done thing if I were to sell this model (and I didn't see a section for member introductions). So Hi, I'm Mel, and though I have a long history of RC flying, RC cars and an RC tank I am pumping my resources into full scale flying (current steed is a Slingsby Firefly)  now and for the foreseeable future. I built the model initially as an out of the box build to drive around with and for a time I was happy with it, then came a few modifications to improve it both cosmetically (e.g. the opening and closing commanders hatch) and in its usability (track tensioners for example), then I stripped and rebuilt it over a period of about a year with lots of upgrades as I wanted to do at the time.

However, Since the rebuild the model has seen little use and it is rather a lot to just have as an ornament (I'd have bought a static kit if this model was to be a showpiece) I cannot stand to see it gathering dust on a shelf, I’d rather somebody bought it and had fun with it. 

It has been upgraded with the following parts:

• ABER Photo etch rear grilles
  • ABER barrel cleaning rod
  • ABER tow cables
  • ABER Muzzle brake
  • ABER Scale barrel
  • Schumo turret rollers
  • Schumo optical fibre
  • Schumo metal track holders
  • Schumo metal towing shackles
  • Schumo improved track idler system
  • Schumo metal hand hold set
  • Schumo rear hatch
  • Schumo tow cable holders
  • Schumo metal exhaust covers
  • Schumo periscopes
  • Schumo rear tow shackle mounts
  • Full Metal tracks
  • Drive sprocket support bushings
  • The spare links on the turret are also metal
  • The Commanders, hull gunner and drivers hatches open
  • The power switch has been relocated to drivers hatch
  • The switch for the headlight has been relocated to the hull gunners hatch
  • The badly painted commander figure which I have and will include has a Velcro base to allow easy attachment and removal
  • Real wood jack block with metal strap

Mechanically it is in good order as it has very few “miles” on it. However it does have a couple of minor faults:

• The turret elevation gearbox is “iffy” possibly due to the extra weight of the brass muzzle brake.
  • The flash unit also has an intermittent fault.

I will include the battery and charger (shipping restrictions) and the base (weight) it sits on if the buyer collects. It is hard to put a price on if you wanted to build it from scratch with the same mods it would likely cost over £1200 (the tracks alone are £135). There are some bigger pictures in my gallery. The radio is on loan to me and will be removed at point of sale. I am willing to sell for £450 ono.

Tank_1.jpg

Tank_2.jpg

Tank_3.jpg

Tank_4.jpg

Tank_5.jpg

Tank sales don’t fair well here, try some of the Facebook groups or eBay when they have a £1 selling fee.