Sign in to follow this  
eightcans

It's been 30+ years.

I'm not sure where to start but here goes..!! Have a re-release Holiday Buggy that I've assembled and am looking to seeing it in action. Other than uprated bearings it is 100% original inc the 380 motor. Knocking around from my youth I've an Eco20 esc. Battery wise I've a couple of 7.2v NICADS, one 1500mah and the other 1700MAH along with a trickle charger. Also have a ZIPPY 4000 LI-PO and SKYRC imax B6AC version 2 charger/discharge. Am pretty sure(ish) that the NICADS and esc would would together but would the LI-PO also work with the esc?? Am just looking for a long running time as it is for my Grandkids to enjoy though I'm looking to enjoy it myself..!! 

Thanks, Guy. 

Assuming the zippy lipo is 2S (7.4V) then is should be no problem. You'll just need to get a low voltage alarm from somewhere like Ebay to plug into the LiPo to warn you when the battery gets low. 

Many thanks. Just checked and it a 2S so will search ebay for said alarm. 

Also have an original Blackfoot that I want to get up and running. It will be using the same Zippy 4000 Li-Po and already has a Tamiya Super Stock 23T BZ motor fitted. My question is what esc would suit this combination?? It will be used purely for fun (i.e racing the grandkids...) so doesn't have to be anything trick. 

Many thanks, Guy. 

I think Eco20 is fine down to 20 turn?  If so,  23t would work.   

Thanks for the reply, more questions I`m afraid... Back in the day with the mechanical speed controller you could lock wheels by putting it into reverse, do ESC`s allow such shenanigans on the slippery stuff?? Thanks. :-)