Busdriver

UV Glue

Whist browsing the WWW I came across a youtube about the above. A guy was fixing a split in a lexan body with UV cured glue.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OHRkukm1OU

Seems to work really well and still flexible. Any members have any experirnce of it. Part of my bugbear with lexan bodies is how difficult it is to "model" due to glueing difficulties. This might be the answer???

I haven't used this method , but I nearly bought one of these UV kits a while back . I too would be interested to hear from others that have used it

Seems that there are two  ways to buy. Some are like a pen with a light attached as in the video. That brand is Bondic and seems to have been around a while. Bostick and others do similar. The other type seems to be an actual Torch and a bottle of glue. Prices seem pretty comparable.

• Like 1

I use it to repair the frog wing mounts which are always breaking.  First used “five minute fix”, the as seen on TV version, and then moved to Bondic.  When it works it’s fantastic.  Have used it to reconstruct whole areas that fell apart as well as for tears in the lexan.  It does have some give and can fill gaps almost like a very rough hand held 3D printer.  Sometimes it doesn’t adhere and other times it’s perfect.  I usually try it first and then if it’s not quite working I use it in conjunction with super glue.

A41AC3F1-BC7F-44CB-B226-B102C01C1AF8.jpeg