GavvyD

Tamiya F103RS Body & Wings

Hi,

Looking for some info on where to get new bodies for the F103RS.

I seem to have looked everywhere but not had much luck.

I would like to have a body styled from 80s/90s F1 cars,Williams,Ferrari,Mclaren,Benetton etc

As you can see my rear wing & mclaren body has seen better days.........

If anyone has one for sale that would be ideal

Thanks

15824820635304590615815104589737.jpg

3 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

Thanks JJ.

I really like the look of the 1991 Jordan on Ebay.

Always confused when it says "For F103/F104",as i know the wheelbase is longer of the F104 by about 10mm.......🤔

I guess when you have no wheel arches, 5mm out on each end Isnt a game changer

someone else Probably has some better links though 

JJ

Good idea👍

Either way i have to get a new body/wings and treat it to some shiney new wheels.Its a little hopped up,with the carbon deck/motor mount/15t abisma thrust brushed motor(32,000rpm) and a few shiney bits on the front suspension.Nothing crazy.Just waiting for the weather to cheer-up so i can take it out👍

Just wondering these days how common the F103rs is,and how its regarded amongst tamiya f1 enthusiasts?

2 hours ago, GavvyD said:

Just wondering these days how common the F103rs is,and how its regarded amongst tamiya f1 enthusiasts?

The F103RS is not a common car at F1 meets, as most people run newer models, but it is still very competitive so you still see a few about. The shorter wheelbase compared to more modern cars makes it a bit twitchier on the straights, but helps it through the corners, as does the wider track. I have no difficulty keeping up with my mate driving his F104 Pro 2, and I find it easier to drive than my F104 V2 Pro.

I also find it to be delightfully indifferent to hop-ups. I use two of mine for race duties, one with a goodly selection of hop-ups, the other box-stock, and they are both equally competitive. The shiny bits are nice to look at so I don't consider them a waste, but you don't need them to win. 

4 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

The F103RS is not a common car at F1 meets, as most people run newer models, but it is still very competitive so you still see a few about. The shorter wheelbase compared to more modern cars makes it a bit twitchier on the straights, but helps it through the corners, as does the wider track. I have no difficulty keeping up with my mate driving his F104 Pro 2, and I find it easier to drive than my F104 V2 Pro.

I also find it to be delightfully indifferent to hop-ups. I use two of mine for race duties, one with a goodly selection of hop-ups, the other box-stock, and they are both equally competitive. The shiny bits are nice to look at so I don't consider them a waste, but you don't need them to win.

Thanks TurnipJF

So just out of interest,what hop-ups do you have on the F103rs,and where is the best place to purchase them?

16 minutes ago, GavvyD said:

Thanks TurnipJF

So just out of interest,what hop-ups do you have on the F103rs,and where is the best place to purchase them?

Currently it has the metal motor mount, full-length upper deck, turnbuckle tierods, two-piece servo mount, high torque servo saver, carbon reinforced uprights, carbon reinforced front wishbones, precision damper discs, alloy oil-filled damper, ceramic diff balls and low-friction kingpins. Power is 21.5t brushless on 2S LiPo via a steel pinion. They came from a variety of sources, including RCMart, TheBorder, Tamico, Tony's Tamiya Parts and the "For Sale" section here on the forum.