pourMoneyIntoSea

display stands for tamiya rere bruiser

there are two display stands for tamiya bruiser:

deluxe version
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-stand-for-TAMIYA-Bruiser-and-Mountaineer-with-Box-Art-TOYOTA-4x4-PICKUP/140326080044

econ version
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202665361729

i bought both

49564260087_6dd07f0f62_k.jpg

it is to point out that the econ version doesn’t fit rere bruiser well. the two ends of its rear portion are too far apart. let’s compare it with the deluxe version

49563535688_4e82f7d241_k.jpg

let’s closely examine this end with the other end keeping inline

49563535738_a4737df38b_k.jpg

the two ends of rear portion of econ version are too far apart so the rear portion cannot hold the truck well. it is very easy for the rear end of the truck to slip aside and fall.

the deluxe version holds the truck firmly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i have a ebay seller that made my truck/trailer stands making me some 3d printed ones  dont know what they look like yet as he is designing them atm

but they look great i was gonna buy the delux on but i will wait to see what he quotes me

Wow, that's.... just plain stupid.   They should be the exact same plexi parts!

I got my stands from Plazmost (on eBay) who lives in France years ago and they work create.  Never bought the kc_store ones.

Clarification:  I didn't click the OP's eBay links and assumed both stands were from kc_store 'cause I thought he had both a 'deluxe' and 'econ' version for sale, so I figured they'd be the same plexi.  Turns out OP's deluxe link was Plazmost's and econ was kc_store.  Nice to know they are different and that kc_store's don't work.

Thanks. Considering the option of fabrication of an 'Action' Diorama display stand, or the Deluxe version. 

Was thinking about the Eco one as it isnt plastic. Won't now.

11 hours ago, FoxShot said:

Thanks. Considering the option of fabrication of an 'Action' Diorama display stand, or the Deluxe version. 

Was thinking about the Eco one as it isnt plastic. Won't now.

the econ version is made of plastic (transparent acrylic sheets). i just didn’t remove the protective stickers.