ALEXKYRIAK

Comical Arms

Hi all, no, not a post about a man with hilarious 8ft long upper torso primary appendages....

I’ve read quite a few references on TC about people using comical series longer buggy  suspension arms on other chassis builds 

I was wondering if anyone could post a few pics showing comparisons, and explain the possible uses of using the longer comical suspension arms on buggies and / or other applications. 

Sounds like a perfect component for custom buggy builds...

Cheers :) 

I don't have any pics at the moment, but they are slightly longer than the standard WR02 arm. I'm using them on a WT01 which has much longer arms. I wanted to bring the wheels back in toward the body to make it look more like an old school monster truck. The Green/Yellow option variant version was cheaper so I bought them and dyed them black. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

I used them to go the other way, fitting them to my G6-01 to make it about 20mm wider than stock for a bit more stability, as the G6-01 can roll easily at speed when cornering with its 4WS active. I'll take some pics in the morning.

• Thanks 1

Thanks both, if possible to see your respective comparisons would be most interested to see. I am not especially enamoured with the look of the comical series, but something about the chassis piques my curiosity. 

Here is my G6-01 SWAT APC wearing comical arms:

20200225_234148

20200225_234223

And with stock ones:

20171017_140541

20171017_140655

2 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

What dogbones get used when swapping to G6-01?

51048. The longer touring car ones that come on the TT02 Type S and the basic older TA series. 

Not really necessary if running konghead wheels/tires but the dynahead ones are slightly taller and better grip so it helps when at speed