Busdriver

Can size of Brushless motors

I know how to identify the can sizes of brushed motors but what a bout brushless.

It seems most 1/10 brushless motors will fit a 540-sized mount just fine, and some actually have multiple sets of holes for screws, so you can angle it the way you want

36mm x 50mm is the standard 540 size (thus called "3650").  If there is a room for longer motor, there are 3660, 3665 and even 3670 (36x70mm).  But if you go beyond 540-sized 3650 motors, the diameter of the shaft increases to 5mm.  You can't use your current pinions that fit 3.175mm shafts.  These bigger motors also draw more amp, so ordinary 60A ESC won't cut it. You'd need 120A.  3650 motors can do 7000kv, so there isn't any need for 3660 or 3670 (unless you want to make a 1/5th buggy fly). 

I’m actually looking to go smaller. As a lot of dual riders seem to have been bought recently, me included it’s 370/380 sizes and types that I’m interested in.

For that model. Any brush less motor from 2030, 2430, 2435 should fit. Usually referred to by scale of car. 1/16th or 1/18th

I just got a 2435 for the SW01 but not fitted it yet.

Some of the larger motors have a 3.17mm shaft so just check shaft is 2mm unless you are using a metal pinion anyway in which case you will need the adaptor for the smaller 2mm.

2 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

I just got a 2435 for the SW01 but not fitted it yet

Which one did you get?

Gool RC 4000kv 35amp ESC 

Unfortunately there aren't any program options/ cards that work with this system( unless someone can advise)

So I was considering getting a 60amp ESC and matching program card, then a suitable motor. (I will be upgrading 2x SW01's)

I also have a n ezrun combo in a 2030 can size, this would fit and has much more program features but maybe not as much torque and the ezrun stuff seems to be really expensive now.

Even anything above 35amp with a program card would do, just do I can set brakes and launch control, it's good to play around with features.