Jason1145

Seeking a faster 380 motor for T3-01 Dual Rider

I take it no issue with a slipping pinion?

I remembered I have a 380 Sports Tuned I bought long time ago for my M-Four.   I run brushless on that chassis.

In one of my Tamtech GB01's I use a Graupner Speed. It is a lot faster. If you can source one of the Tamiya Sport Tuned motor's be sure it is the one with red endbell. Both are brushed motors. My guess is that they will fit the T3-01 chassis too.

Graupner small.JPG

Sport Tuned small.JPG

On 4/14/2021 at 11:39 AM, Willy iine said:

I take it no issue with a slipping pinion?

I remembered I have a 380 Sports Tuned I bought long time ago for my M-Four.   I run brushless on that chassis.

So far no pinion slipping with the stock press on plastic pinion . Soon I will be upgrading to a proper grub screw pinion when they arrive 

• Like 1

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it yet. The Traxxas LaTrax part 7575x is a 370 motor

I dropped one in my Dual Rider last night. It’s got plenty more speed without overpowering the whole chassis and gearbox. They are about $10 on eBay and a direct bolt in . 

image.jpg

Update on the LaTrax 7575x 370 brushed motor. 
This thing is a Beast in Dancing Rider/ Dual Rider. 
Right now I’m running 100%Stock internals in the gearbox including the plastic Press On pinion and No issues with over powering the drivetrain.

Performance wise I have a 3 Wheeled Rocket on my hands now. 
On 2S Lipo I could legitimately use a Wheely bar. 
Im having to re learn to drive the trike again. Even with throttle limiter set to 50% on radio it is faster than the stock motor was! 
Did I mention it’s only about $10 USD and is a direct bolt in? 
:) 

On 4/18/2021 at 1:35 AM, Dakratfink said:

Update on the LaTrax 7575x 370 brushed motor. 
This thing is a Beast in Dancing Rider/ Dual Rider. 
Right now I’m running 100%Stock internals in the gearbox including the plastic Press On pinion and No issues with over powering the drivetrain.

Performance wise I have a 3 Wheeled Rocket on my hands now. 
On 2S Lipo I could legitimately use a Wheely bar. 
Im having to re learn to drive the trike again. Even with throttle limiter set to 50% on radio it is faster than the stock motor was! 
Did I mention it’s only about $10 USD and is a direct bolt in? 
:)

Hi @Dakratfink - On rainy days, I run a Lunchbox mini indoors using the 4 AA rechargeable pack, a Trident XT-20 ESC (pretty much the only ESC that will run on 4.8 volts) and a Tamiya 380 sports tuned motor. Do you think the LaTrax 7575 370 will work with this set up or will it need more juice? I’m thinking of putting the same gear, along with the 7575, in a Dual Rider...

4 hours ago, Greanie said:

do you use the push on Pinion for the Traxxas motor?

Another pinion? Link?

I bought the Tamiya metal motor mount which allows 26 or 27toothmetal pinions to be used . It came with a little brass adapter that allows other pinions to be used. At first I Did use the Tamiya plastic press on pinion and it was fine , however . The upgrade came later and wasn’t really necessary. Tamiya Hop-Up Options RC Model T3-01 Aluminum Motor Mount OP-1877 54877 Is the part number . 
but note . I WAS running the plastic press on pinion w no issues before this. 

4 hours ago, Wooster said:

Hi @Dakratfink - On rainy days, I run a Lunchbox mini indoors using the 4 AA rechargeable pack, a Trident XT-20 ESC (pretty much the only ESC that will run on 4.8 volts) and a Tamiya 380 sports tuned motor. Do you think the LaTrax 7575 370 will work with this set up or will it need more juice? I’m thinking of putting the same gear, along with the 7575, in a Dual Rider...

I hope it will work. I am planning on buying a Lunchbox mini and the 7575x Traxxas motor should be a direct drop in . You will notice an immediate power boost, even on 4AA batteries . I run my dual rider on a small Lipo and it is a handful on a fully charged 2 cell. 
Also, please note: several people above have mentioned “quicker 380 motor “ The dual Rider and mini lunchbox stock motor, and the Traxxas 7575 are slightly smaller 370s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dakratfink said:
Also, please note: several people above have mentioned “quicker 380 motor “ The dual Rider and mini lunchbox stock motor, and the Traxxas 7575 are slightly smaller 370s

Sorry - yes - all the talk of 380s got me doing it too!