CoolHands

Would these display stands sell?

I’m thinking of having these made in ally to display my models on the wall. This one is 3D printed.

do you think if I got 25 made they would sell? To cover the cost. I don’t want a glass display cabinet but want to have my cars on the wall

What do you think. Held with 2 screws to wall. (This is not an advert just think of it as dragons den! I don’t want to throw my money away and convince myself it’s brilliant)

556CD8AC-49C0-49DE-A0B6-C644A249F4CD.jpeg

A56DC8DE-4D2E-4AAD-B50B-EFB9106A14DE.jpeg

8CED12CE-946F-4B02-8575-1EA3AFDCD52D.jpeg

• Like 1

Possibly, I'd recommend some form of grippy surface, I'd end up knocking mine into a heap on the floor 😕

• Like 1

I could have holes punched in the platform to accept eg 3mm rubber pads.

i thought about dimensions etc that’s how it ended up that shape. It is narrow enough to go under f1 car and still not be seen ie not stick out.

I would take two or three to free up some space and maybe spotlight some favourites. Let us know?

• Thanks 1

Can anyone help me find rubber feet like this, cheap? Ie 100 for ....£

the hole is 13mm (possibly 1/2” if imperial)  and outside rubber diameter 18mm. Aluminium thickness 2.5mm.

often called push or pull-bumpers: sometimes feet etc but prices seem silly. Must be able to buy 100 or 1000 for peanuts I would have thought, but I can’t find any cheap. Even on aliexpress!

216D3E09-BD84-47AD-B66C-C4E0582EDFA5.jpeg

C4A41A27-0EBB-4C57-94DE-FFFBE6CA5435.jpeg

What would make this epically awesome for me is an adaptor to fit them into a twin-slot rail system.  At the moment I'm looking at fitting two parallel rails to store a single column of cars but with these brackets I could use a single rail.  There's a money-spinning idea for you :)

I did design a rail system that could be used both vertically or horizontally 😉 I designed them so they can be aligned as multiples for an endless rail.

however it’s proved too expensive to make at this stage, so not really worth the risk for me to get made.

62456CE4-FACE-4796-AEA8-D3857EBB9CB7.thumb.jpeg.3dbc2fd0f21f83a3b723066d35cca38b.jpeg

Ah sorry just realised you probably mean the rail system many of us already have in our garages? Can’t remember the name

AEF375B1-A4F2-4BF9-B168-378E81E08204.thumb.jpeg.a5c10f31ef62cf6621092179875cc93b.jpeg

That's the ones - I already have a few rails installed in my workshop for mounting shelves on.  I was planning on ordering a load more rails and mounting them parallel so I can have multiple columns of cars.  Downside is I need to buy more rails, and the rails I have are an anthracite colour (from the local Wickes store) which fit nicely with my dark grey walls but are currently hard to get hold of.  So to make it look nice I was going to have to order a complete new set of black rails.

However if there was an adaptor that would make your brackets fit on a single rail, that would be perfect.

In fairness I can probably replicate what you've done using a standard twin-rail shelf support and some plywood but yours looks way nicer.