Toolmaker72

My old cars

Only 3 were bought new, the kyosho double dare, optima and more recently the rising fighter The porsche I bought complete used years ago.  All the rest were built using a mix of used and new parts. 
The brat pictured below is the latest I’ve put together. It uses an original fixed diff gearbox, the steering mech I think from a king Blackfoot with monster beetle front wishbones with the longer axles to fit the wider front wheels. Mud blaster 2 flame decals to finish the hard plastic body.

BA38BAC4-F104-491D-BE23-04839E8CB423.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm intrigued by the subframe in the background. What does that come from?

• Like 1

The on going saga of full size car restoration.  That subframe is from the front of a 77 Jag xjc ;)

bugs the ******* out of the Mrs but far too cold to work on in the garage :)

• Like 1

lol. My wife hates it when I have 1:1 car parts in the house. But, she knew she married a car guy decades ago.. lol...  At one time I had **** near a half of a 1930 Ford Model A in the house at one time, lol. She got used to it.. ;)  She asked me why I dont take that to the shop, all I could tell her,  "I can't, No room. there are 3 other cars scattered around in there".. lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tudorp said:

lol. My wife hates it when I have 1:1 car parts in the house. But, she knew she married a car guy decades ago.. lol...  At one time I had **** near a half of a 1930 Ford Model A in the house at one time, lol. She got used to it.. ;)  She asked me why I dont take that to the shop, all I could tell her,  "I can't, No room. there are 3 other cars scattered around in there".. lol

I’ve got rear axle drive shafts under the bed, clean of course :) small bedroom usually empty, full of interior as it could get damp in the garage (rains a lot in South Wales U.k).  The wife isnt really that fussed, 3 pet dogs and a teenager doesn’t allow the show home look unfortunately ;)  Bit like yourself she knew I’m a petrol head. Got another 2 classics to sort after this one :D

F6714FEC-272B-49D5-8C8E-5C4E978780A8.jpeg

9 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

All those cars are nice. I particularly like the Kyosho Nissan there. Thumbs up!

Thank you, I’ve noticed not many are around compared to the Tamiya monster trucks. Not sure why as it’s a good looking model