donut_v2

3D printing wheels and tires for the Renault Alpine A110 and Citroen 2cv

Thanks everybody. It was fun doing this and having you guys along for the ride (pun intended). 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, geniusanthony said:

I had the original Mini, m01 back in 1996 maybe, that cars long gone though I do have one new in the attic. If I can get to it without to much effort I will try and compare the bodies between it and one of my later minis. I think I have a few others up there. As long as they aren't still shrink wrapped I would be happy to poke around and report back.

Excuse that one is mounted lower than the other, but M03 with the racing body on the left, and Rover body (sans ancilleries) on the right. The height between the top of the bolt on guard and the fender, or rear window is quite pronounced between the two.

4UHiq3L.jpg

z63E7rk.jpg

On 12/16/2020 at 6:05 AM, donut_v2 said:

Here's a video to close the 2CV build. I should have taken the video before driving FPV and slamming into things in my house. I broke the frame of the front grille and the badges on the rear are coming off.

Incredible 😍

• Like 1

Really love this build. I browsed your Shapeways shop, and I see the 2CV wheels there, but none of the other lovely parts you've designed. I wonder if you'd be willing to post some of the other bits such as the front grill, clear lens covers (if Shapeways can even print those), handles, etc? 

I broke the 2cv's front grille when I ran into a wall so I printed another one and made it a one piece part that's easier to install and more durable. While I was painting it, I realized I never finished the A110 wheels. So let's see how they look in chrome!

chromewheels.jpg.c19d82162ddca89935af4256ab50843e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is my 2CV built with donut's Shapeways parts. Thanks for making them available!

2CV_0.jpg

2CV_6.jpg

• Like 7

On 5/15/2021 at 3:23 PM, Luke76 said:

Here is my 2CV built with donut's Shapeways parts. Thanks for making them available!

2CV_0.jpg

2CV_6.jpg

Beautiful! I love it! Thank you for using the parts.

I've been caught up with RC planes lately so haven't been around Tamiyaclub the past couple of months.

• Like 1