Cooltoys

Marui Land Cruiser find...

Got a chance to pick this marui landcruiser for a little trade of work.  I just happened to see it by chance and the owner didn't want them they were just sitting around his dads table for a very longtime i assume.  He traded me those for some easy light work 15 mins.. I was pretty happy with it.. 

20200220_132526.jpg

• Like 4

Wow nice, a white one, complete and looks in excellent condition.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, waterbok said:

Wow nice, a white one, complete and looks in excellent condition.

Thanks i haven't thoroughly looked at it yet since i got excited on the other one🙂  i'll take more photos of it later on. 

This one is missing the left arm kinda disabled at the moment. I wonder if its still at the owners place.. 

20200221_110812.jpg

More pics body is in really nice shape missing a few items.. lamp and an arm 

20200328_145515.jpg

20200328_145547.jpg

20200328_145453.jpg

• Like 3

What a great little car and in such a nice condition! Love the vintage Marui cars, they're so unique.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

What a great little car and in such a nice condition! Love the vintage Marui cars, they're so unique.

Car looks to be in great condition bodywise. I discovered some damages and repairs while cleaning it up the other day. 

Suspension mount piece was replaced with a metal piece. Front shock mount has a crack. 

Comparison pics left and right.

20200328_145348.jpg

20200328_145357.jpg

20200328_145254.jpg

Oh, typical problem with the Marui plastics. Little fixing will make the car usable again, IF you want to run it.

13 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Oh, typical problem with the Marui plastics. Little fixing will make the car usable again, IF you want to run it.

I have another one of these i got a longtime ago but haven't done anything yet. Body is not as nice as this one.. 

You could certainly build a nice one out of the 2, then on sell what’s left for another enthusiast to restore.

The Marui range is awesome imo, I’ve just recently picked up a samurai that is in need of some attention that I will get to at some point

• Like 3

22 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

You could certainly build a nice one out of the 2, then on sell what’s left for another enthusiast to restore.

The Marui range is awesome imo, I’ve just recently picked up a samurai that is in need of some attention that I will get to at some point

I might do that option. I'll take a closer look on the other one see what can be done.. I had a samurai at one point but sold it to somebody.. didn't have any marui rc before was more into tamiya that time.. The land cruiser I kept since we had one of those before.. 

• Like 1