Baggy Bear

Fit cab to grand hauler issue

I can’t get the cab onto the chassis. The drivers hands are blocking the steering wheel. The wheel need to go under his hands but there is not enough wiggle room to sort this.

Somebody else must have worked this out. It’s a bit crowded in there as there is an MFC in the sleeper and the speaker is hot glued to the roof of the sleeper 

The only thing I can think of is to take the glass out of the driver door, pop the steering wheel off, and once assembled, glue the steering wheel back on through the window

hello and welcome to tamiya club

the driver dont sit right at the wheel you could remove the arms and position them slightly further apart i think that is what i had to do but i did a right hand convertion on mine

and as you can just about see the one hand is close to the wheel. some times the cab wont fit if you done get the smoke stacks  pulled apart when putting the cab back on 

where about is it not sitting right

and aIMG_20180603_102521.thumb.jpg.9fc53f8b505c9b7f4b7619501829264d.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, I did in the end remove the side window but kept the quarter windows and got the cab on and then passed the steering wheel back through the window and glued it to his hands. It was a ******* to do.  I’ve loved building this truck but it has been so hard. Putting the rear differential on upside down was the worst bit. Not much further to go, the wife has not had a dining room table since Christmas Day. Nice paint job you have there.

1C0ABA22-DE46-408E-AB29-BA1DA3E1482A.jpeg

Edited by Baggy Bear
Correct spelling

thanks very much 

that looks about right to me

thats my second shell as the original one had the tamiya paint crack all over it including the rear fenders that paint is house of kolor .

and i did the same with the diff as that was my first truck build and if i remenber it took me around 3 months also but only on sundays while the wife was at work and i also took up the dinning table

I’ve had some tamiya paint craze but I did not know if it was the paint or the two pack clear coat. It can be seen in the roof of the 1:24  and there is a touch of it in the rear fenders of the tamiya as well.  Finished today. I didn’t want it to end but the wife is glad to get the table back

755FAB19-DFA8-4ACD-87C1-7A0E129F9DA0.jpeg

• Like 2

now you have finished the build the hop-ups will prob start calling you know :P

i have been getting stuff for mine over the past few years with the most recent buy of a set of alloy wheels for the truck and the same will be got for the trailer soon aswell.

the paint issue is a git i know from first hand how you feel it could have been the 2 pack you used as you should have used the same kind as tamiya paint witch is acylic and that could have caused the reaction but seeing its only on the fenders you could always strip the paint and start again or buy 2 new fenders.

My steering wheel isn't glued in, and I have the drivers window down/removed, so I literally remove the wheel out of his hands and then can remove the cab.

It would be better if the seats and driver were part or the cab, with a false floor.

WLssJM0.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/26/2020 at 6:10 AM, berman said:

My steering wheel isn't glued in, and I have the drivers window down/removed, so I literally remove the wheel out of his hands and then can remove the cab.

It would be better if the seats and driver were part or the cab, with a false floor.

WLssJM0.jpg

Thats a good looking truck. I prefer the open rear wheels than the all over guards.

What is the colour? It gives it a real vintage look.

J

On 3/29/2020 at 8:10 AM, junkmunki said:

Thats a good looking truck. I prefer the open rear wheels than the all over guards.

What is the colour? It gives it a real vintage look.

J

Cheers.

Yeah I left quite a bit of the showy stuff off it, like the visor, rear bumper, exhaust tips and the rear guards, it's too much for me and prefer it look like a work truck with some subtle flash bits.

Um I forget, it's a metallic green, it's out of the tamiya range, TS-60? around that number, would have to check.

I still haven't finished, I got some king hauler decals, with the white changed to brown, (like the vintage look too) but still not sure... It does have a vintage Tamiya DDS unit fitted too.

My Globe liner is the same (also unfinished) trying to make it look like a vintage K100. Still lots to do...

T3pwDXg.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, berman said:

Yeah I left quite a bit of the showy stuff off it, like the visor, rear bumper, exhaust tips and the rear guards, it's too much for me and prefer it look like a work truck with some subtle flash bits.

I just picked up an NOS Grand Hauler kit, and to be honest, i dont like all the showy stuff either, i can see it being built as a dirty work horse.

J

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 9:34 AM, junkmunki said:

I just picked up an NOS Grand Hauler kit, and to be honest, i dont like all the showy stuff either, i can see it being built as a dirty work horse.

J

Looking forward to seeing it! 🙂