WARPED 86

Monster beetle completed

Hi guys I posted late last year on the Monster Beetle I purchased for my daughter and I to build for her it is now finally finished and it didn’t turn out too bad will try to upload a couple of pictures 

7F931E50-06CA-4D92-BB6B-C509365E5AC6.jpeg

A4B0D05D-7F28-44A4-BC2B-0B5E6043328C.jpeg

D5665C7A-88BE-4604-B3C3-42C1796F407B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for checking it out guys would be interested to see some pictures of anyone else who has some pictures of their recently completed models if anybody is keen on posting some 

looks really nice - but I think you've got your tyres/wheels on back to front!

I installed them purposely that way so when it drives it the tracks point the way it is going a little idiosyncrasy of mine 

1 hour ago, WARPED 86 said:

I installed them purposely that way so when it drives it the tracks point the way it is going a little idiosyncrasy of mine 

in the old days of rock crawling, we would install tyres this way to increase traction over rocks and other hard objects.  You might find the treads get full and won't self-clear in thick mud, though ;)

Stunning paint job BTW, good work :)

Thanks Mad Ax it was difficult to do with the chrome silver and the black so close to each other on the quarter windows and even the chrome silver for the trim I don’t have the steadiest hand it’s not quite perfect but not too bad and I haven’t finished Albert yet either that is going to be a bit of a challenge 

Excellent job, Did you fill the extra front body post hole?

I just did the kit provided cheat with the decal but used a 2000 grit foam sanding pad to blend the edges of the decal so it was not noticeable prior to painting the shell and also after all other decals were applied I clear coated over the whole body

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WARPED 86 said:

Thanks for checking it out guys would be interested to see some pictures of anyone else who has some pictures of their recently completed models if anybody is keen on posting some 

Nice job buddy, you’re daughter should be happy with that 😉

I just finished mine today as it happens..

2D8A3F57-7B65-4808-837E-8C083A99CD35.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Nice job buddy, you’re daughter should be happy with that 😉

I just finished mine today as it happens..

2D8A3F57-7B65-4808-837E-8C083A99CD35.jpg

That turned out sweet the paint work looks great is the primary colour a type of bed liner 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1