Sign in to follow this  
XanderP

which cars should be re-released?

Which cars do you think should be re-released by Tamiya? I think that they should re-release the wild-one and the madcap series. I think Tamiya are not going to release any one of cars e.g fox but they might realese more series like the madcap and the hotshot because thats the way the seem to be going with the grasshopper series and the manta ray series.

Personally I would like a 3 speed re-released, but with a different body just to keep everybody (Those who hate re-releases and those who love them) happy!

what they should do is re-release one special top 50 or do twice a year till the hit 50 he he he.....that be cool like the quarter states thing...

I'd like a 3 speed, but with a more current production chevy body.

A sand scorcher or superchamp as well as I had both as a kid.

I would like a wild one or a FAV and a beetle like a sand scorcher but on a newer chassis like the desert gator has but still very very realistic with exhast rear cage etc. O and of course a newer type xc with two rigid axels and a very nice (hard)body of a classic land cruiser ore a defender tomb raider:P LOL NOne of those cars will probaly ever (re)released [:(]

Tanks... bring back the Gepard & Leopard A4, such a shame these are not there anymore

for everyone to grab.

With the metal tracks of course, but a full option version of a gepard would be sweet also.

A wrangler (fat chance) , would be nice to.

But, 2 of my wishes already came tru, the luchbox & Beamer M3

And, please... kill the striker, not to be found back :) :) :) :) :)

Stefan

I know something, i'll buy 2 re-releases if they pop up with that one,

BUT..

First they have to present us a new euro-truck .. Daf XF or simular, and a re-release leopard A4 or Gepard :) :) :)

Then netsmith can give away the 2 sonic fighters :) :) , i even toss in the one who is currently hanging

on a wall around here!

Stefan

Well, for me it has to be the Wild One, FAV, Brat or an SRB. The reason I say SRB is because it interests me in that they were truly off-road because of the sealed radio box etc. The fact that they were able to go through water without rubber bagging everything just adds so much realism for me. I could add a few more to the list and I'm sure everyone else could as well but it looks as though most people have different tastes and Tamiya won't be able to please eveyone. Let's just be happy that they are re-releasing anything at all.

Here some older similar votings:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/xforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11656

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/xforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17192

Btw interesting that in one many voted for the Frog and in the other Shodog had written:

quote: Just like Aerosmith sings, DREAM ON, DREAM ON. Your more likely to get a rerelease of a lexan body on a newer chassis than a complete rerelease of an original car.

Jim

id="quote">id="quote">

Nice how things changed to the positive in the past year and shame he didn't bet his collection on it [}:)][:D]

Btw I also was wrong when I had written back then they probably won't re-release the GH after the Hornet as I thought one car from each series would make more sense not to "harm" collectors...

Cheers

Hopefully the people at Tamiya do their homework and consider, collectability, popularity, and cost. But I also hope they dont re release so many at one time as to price me out of the chance to get one of each before going back out of production. Too many too soon and I simply cant afford them.

But to answer the question.... a 3 SPEED Please! Like the Mountaineer with a similar or the same body but as close to the original chassis as possible. Any truck body is fine with me as long as its not lexan. This might be unrealistic but thats my dream.

g

the 959 would be top of my list (it has to be affordable though) or the Wild One - deffo!! 3 speed - nah too slow and expensive.. (light the fire) [;)]

For me to the 3-spd 4x4's, the 959 chassis, maybe the TA01/2 pick-ups as well. £1000 for an nib Hilux is a little silly!

What bugs me is that even tho they still produce the models, they make some of the imo essential hop-ups obsolete!

I would buy a Porsche 959 or the Toyota celica, if they were done as a re-re !!

Changed my mind, 3 speed would be nice, but out of reach for a few. My vote is for the Sand Rover. That is an easy re-release and what a fun little buggy!

Another 3-speed vote here. Even if it is too expensive it would provide affordable spares to get older models back up and running again.

More votes for Egress, Porsche 959, Bruiser/Mountaineer here.

I would be happier if Tamiya released a new competitive off-road 4WD buggy though.

- James

Brat and Monster Beetle, which seems possible now. Any 3speed or srb would do the trick for me also. The Datsun 280ZX would be sooo nice to. The list can go on...

i think the sand rover but again with updated chassis and more realistic look mainly rear cage exorst front chrome bumper etc would be nice to own and also would'nt upset the ones that moan about re-issues to much and the monster beetle in original form just because the parts were so compatable with alot of other tamiya cars of the time and because tamiya still have the mold for the body etc

but its about time tamiya brought out another realistic looking car like the sand scorcher cheetah xr311 etc but some thing new rather than a re-issue

My vote goes to the Brat or the FAV (preferably the FAV) or even to makea new FAV [}:)] based car, with up to date features [8D]