Seb320

M-05S on gravel

Hi there, 

I have recently built the M-05 chasis with the Mk1 golf on it. The roads around where I live are really busy so I am thinking abt converting it to run on gravel. Does anyone know any shocks that will fit and make it sit a bit higher off the ground? 

Seb

You can buy the m05ra parts sprue, 51425 this will increase the ride height by about 5-7mm without changing the shocks.

Alternatively you can switch out the super mini shocks to CVA mini and gain some ride height and travel, those two mods are not compatible with each other, it’s one or the other. This is due to the way the m05ra parts  reduce the overall throw possible to the dogbones. 

both options yield similar results. The CVA mini may benefit from aftermarket damper towers with more positions to choose from. 

post some pics when you're done, I'd love to see the Golf setup for gravel! 

Yh for sure I'm going to get the CVA springs as they seem like a good upgrade and I will post some pictures here once they're fitted.

I have done a RA upgrade on my M03, this is the ride height I have at the moment. Shocks are from touring car size 55mm and RA hubs. Could go for more clearance but the drive cups are already on their limit.

ncoBnic.jpg

definately some offroad tires are required for less wheel spin

• Like 4

Oh okay yh I think the golf has got the slicks on it atm but they're quite slidy so I'll probably invest in the rally tyres at some point.

I also have these, on my M05ver2 but with 54000 50mm shocks and its a onroad car. 55mm diameter but really great grip.

part number Tamiya 50568

also the pit shimizu slicks are great rubbers but also 55mm, so the clearence is slightly lower

• Thanks 1

Okay thanks a lot. Would the standard wheels work with the rally tyres or would I need a new set of those?

7 hours ago, Seb320 said:

Okay thanks a lot. Would the standard wheels work with the rally tyres or would I need a new set of those?

Standard size rims work with 60D and 55D tires.

Basically the rims are the same across the m chassis, just the tires have different heights.

• Like 1

OK cool yh I'll stick with them then. 

OK thanks that makes shopping for them a whole lot easier 😂 

Have got the rally tyres and CVAs on the Golf and now it looks like it actually has some ground clearance. I'll take it out on the gravel once it dries up here. DSC_00392.thumb.png.081d0ab55333e75736d076b5c76652be.pngDSC_00382.thumb.png.5e053259bbe7f612430c8f675b903b95.pngDSC_00372.thumb.png.9ea23c27ca740d142945b49130311b9d.png

Thanks so much for your help guys!

Seb

• Like 6