Juls1

Rcmart new website

So they’ve ditched the old faithful for a more modern design, can’t really decide if I’m a fan, especially of the mobile specific site (then again I hate most mobile specific sites..)

thoughts? 

I was looking at it last night.  Its harder to filter categories now but as long as they keep their prices then fine by me

Their 'search' has gone from great to terrible. I searched for '23t motor' and the first option was a Traxxas Stampede. It wasn't till I got to page 3 that the first 23t motor appeared. I'd also like to see an option to only include items on stock in the search results.

At a first glance it seems OK, at least you don’t get ‘Not Secure’ showing now. 
trouble they don’t show A$ anymore  just US$ and HK& currencies so now stuff LOOKS cheaper in US..........very dangerous 🤪

And it is a pity about wadding through out of stock items @toyolien  

Having tried their website on a mobile device, it is easier to navigate from one, but yikes that search function is horrendous :o An ability to search by brand would have been nice to include, but as said before that would pull up all kinds of unrelated products...

I hope they are working on improving the Search feature; in other respects, it is not a bad website to use.

Yeah I tried to search for “Tamiya wing” tonight, I think it just gave me list of everything on the website. 

put simply, search doesn’t work at all anymore sadly. Bit frustrating cause I spent a lot of time (and money) on that website. New website will cost them the multi part orders I reckon.

I hadn't noticed the new design (honestly I don't go there much until recently) but I noticed this week I had a hard time searching for turnbuckles.  I had to search to find one example to then click on the category it was listed under to get all the rest.  Poor search functionality is the bane of e-commerce, especially for places with such a big product list.  Especially annoying when it was working well before.  I hope it's a bug introduced by the update and will be fixed soon.

Looks like it's currently down, possibly for maintenance? Let's hope so - I'm trying to check the status of an order I placed just before the migration to the new website :wacko:

Yeah I can’t even place orders anymore I tried, it asked me to verify my account,  got to the city, selected that, then it said I’m in a different state and went grey and that’s it can’t proceed any further, can’t see my account history, can’t do  nothing.. :angry:

5 hours ago, Juls1 said:

Yeah I can’t even place orders anymore I tried, it asked me to verify my account,  got to the city, selected that, then it said I’m in a different state and went grey and that’s it can’t proceed any further, can’t see my account history, can’t do  nothing.. :angry:

Yeah, bummer. I have the usual email from the 28th February "Your order will be processed in the next 3 days" - usually I'd have had another email by now notifying me of shipment.

I do hope my order hasn't gone walkies :(

Just an update for everyone, I managed to get logged in OK, my UK postcode worked on the details confirmation page - I had to remove the Space between the first and second half of the postcode for it to recognise it. Hope it helps someone.

Good news is my previous order has shipped - but obviously the confirmation email didn't materialise during the site migration. Still, happy days.

• Like 1

Yeah after not being able to make it work on chrome or IE. I tried safari on my phone and it finally worked, I was able to finally log in. 

Discovered the search engine on mobile doesn’t even have a option to sort, so if you type in a chassis number, you can’t sort price to see the whole chassis first, you gotta sift through 100’s of listings. This is compounded by the fact you can’t search more than 1 search term without ending up with 1000’s of useless results, Give up and order from rcjaz instead. 

to top it off for Australian customers the option to view approximate AUD prices has been removed. 

this new site will almost certainly lose them money if it’s left as is. 

I believe it needs just a few changes. 

1. Repair the search engine to work with more than 1 search term just like the old site did. 
2. Return sort functionality on the mobile search engine.

3. Return to sort out of stock items to the bottom of item lists. Having to sift through the small out of stock icon with the large image icon is horrid. 

4. Give the option to reduce the size of images/icons and increase the amount of information on product lists/search results (such as stock qty, item information, color etc), so that more information can be displayed on the screen at once to increase the speed we can sift items. Right now it’s horribly slow to use. 

5. Return the option to display the approximate price in your native currency. “With associated warning tags it won’t be dead on when the order is processed in usd” 

On 3/7/2020 at 8:44 AM, Juls1 said:

Give up and order from rcjaz instead. 

to top it off for Australian customers the option to view approximate AUD prices has been removed. 

This is the result. The previous site was great and easy to use. While there is a list view that works a little bit like the old version, it's about 5 or 6 clicks to find it, instead of 2. The filters and search terms being nerfed is not great.

Hopefully somone from RC Mart reads this forum!

11 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

Hopefully somone from RC Mart reads this forum!

Well someone else needs to point it out I’ve already hassled them about my account issues. Lol

16 hours ago, Juls1 said:

Well someone else needs to point it out I’ve already hassled them about my account issues. Lol

The account history is available, just not obvious. They appear to have split the account history in pre and post website change. I found a link on my RC Mart account page that gave me access to previous orders. I put in an order on the 1st March, and I've had notifiication that its on the way. My previous order (3 cars!) got here (Australia) in just 5 days, two of which were a weekend. I think thats a record for an overseas order.

Yeah I think actually they put the account history back after I complained (and others too maybe) cause they told me directly that that history wasn’t coming back. Anyway. Hopefully they fix a few of the other issues.